Orbital ATK Careers
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Machinist for our Armament Systems Division team in our Mesa, AZ offices.
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
- Set up and operate CNC machine tools.
- Primary duties will be running of CNC lathes and mills, but will also include drilling machines, hones, manual milling machines and various hand tools.
- Able to interpret blueprints, sketches and engineering specifications.
- Able to use a variety of machinist’s hand tools and precision measuring instruments to produce tight tolerance parts.
- Closely follow established work instructions and set ups.
- May aid in developing new work instructions and set ups for new experimental parts.
- Must be capable of working with minimum supervision.
- 6 years minimum experience running CNC Lathes and/or Mills with 4 years minimum set up experience. Programming knowledge a plus.
- Must be fully versed in general shop practices and all manner of precision inspection equipment.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Ability to drive a forklift.
- Demonstrates initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and highly motivated for excellence
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement with a focus on customer service excellence.
- Excels in a team environment; applies teamwork attitude and work ethics
- Responsible for demonstrating a high degree of concern for safety of self and others
- Good documentation and organization skills
- Standard computer skills including MS Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry 30 lbs.
- Able to start work at 6am, work overtime and some weekends if needed.
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Education: High School/GED