Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Orbital ATK is seeking a Mgr Finance for our Chandler, AZ location.
The preferred candidate for this position must be able to interface consistently in a professional and organized manner with internal and external business partners while functioning in an environment characterized by frequently changing priorities. The candidate must be able to drive team performance by motivating team members to high levels of engagement and serve by example. This position requires a strong leader that actively participates in strategy development, effectively develops personal and collective understanding of top issues/risks/opportunities, supports company internal controls and proactively communicates issues to senior management.
Responsible for the following segment-level program-related activities: review of program financials, analyzing and reviewing actuals/forecasts; reviews programs results with leadership team to address risk mitigation and pursuit of opportunities; assesses program risks and opportunities and appropriate mitigation plans; manages preparation of annual and strategic plans; communicates financial plans to senior leadership; manages quarterly program estimate-at-completes; communicates quarterly EAC results to senior leadership with attention to “early warning” prior to financial process completing; works to build and facilitate cross-functional relationships between finance and other departments within the division; manages EV System Description and DCMA Joint Surveillance; works to build and facilitate intercompany relationships; defines and implements system process improvement initiatives; provides work direction to financial analysts; develops, motivates, coaches and trains staff. Management of multiple projects; builds effective teams; defines and implements broader process improvements. Conducts revenue recognition reviews;
Responsible for the following segment-level financial activities: review of consolidated financials, analyzing and reviewing actuals / forecasts while driving accuracy and accountability; ensures completion of monthly close process in compliance with appropriate procedures and policies; reviews business unit results with leadership team to address risk mitigation and pursuit of opportunities; identifies risks and opportunities and appropriate mitigation plans; ensures ops properly captures state of business; manages preparation and review of business segment annual and strategic plans; communicates financial plans to business segment organization and senior leadership; provides direction to Analysts; develops and trains staff: supports tax inquiries; provides Internal Audit responses; provides program specific external audit response (Deloitte, others); ensures organization providing appropriate data for external reporting; reviews and approves applicable portions of external reports; works in partnership with division finance. Partners with Corporate in support of mission & property insurance requirements and favorable foreign exchange rate strategy. Understands and champions continuous improvement of business processes, applications, and compliance with DFARs business systems requirements.
- Experience with development of Operating Plan and Forecast information in a large business environment that operates a business rhythm supporting monthly/quarterly/annual close cycles
- Experience with Accounting, Financial Reporting and Analysis, Revenue Recognition, Backlog Reporting,Cash Forecasting
- Experience with principles of Program Finance, Financial Reporting and Analysis, Contract Administration, Subcontracts / Supply Chain, Program Performance Management, Revenue Recognition, Backlog Reporting, Cash Forecasting, GAAP
- Experience supporting compliance with SOX, Internal / External Audit activities, CAS, FAR, DFARs requirements, and Company policies and procedures.
- Experience analyzing large commercial and/or Government contracts with experience with Earned Value management preferred
- Must be a self-starter and possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement with a focus on internal and external customer service excellence
- Excellent oral and written communication, computer, documentation, and presentation skills
- Ability in deadline-driven detail-oriented environment to multi-task, prioritize, manage time effectively, make sound decisions
- Working knowledge of standard Microsoft Office tools required including advanced Excel skills
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint and Cognos reporting software highly desired
Job Type: Full Time Desired Travel: less than 25% Years of Experience: +10 Years Education: Bachelor’s Degree Expertise: Finance
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: 25-50%
Years of Experience: +10 Years