Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Conducts data collection, file management and sample collection. Performs process compliance checks & verifications, as well as data evaluations. The individual will support external communication efforts and contributes the preparation and delivery of internal training.
- Observes and records status of compliance-related activities.
- Utilizes Root Cause and Problem Solving tools. Develops/implements and communicates solutions to routine technical problems of ample scope.
- Provides input into and may conduct the facility's EH&S training program.
- Collects relevant EH&S related data and metrics. Prepares environmental, health and safety work procedure documentation.
- May provide input for external communications to customers, regulators & shareholders. May provide communications to internal management.
- Observes and may provide data for negotiations and related activities with EH&S regulatory personnel.
- Observes and may provide data for internal actions and activities related to event investigations. May conduct studies to determine environmental impact of company operations.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Active Secret clearance is required.
Education and Experience
Requires BS in Environmental Science/Engineering, Safety Engineering, Industrial Hygiene or equivalent technical area (Biology, Chemistry, Geology, etc.) & 2 years, or Masters Degree in relevant technical area
Demonstrates moderate use and application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in environmental and/or safety engineering. Fluent in use of Microsoft applications and ability to quickly learn new computer programs/applications. Demonstrated technical writing.Able to read and understand operational procedures, government regulations, and safety data sheets. Can work with incident reporting tools. Interpersonal skills are required (communication, conflict resolution, etc.). Ability to understand OSHA requirements. Under general direction, interprets federal and state laws, regulations, and orders as they apply to environmental practices, and implements policies and procedures to ensure that these practices are in compliance with the appropriate statutes and regulations, and that regulatory reporting requirements are met.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years
Expertise: Health and Safety