Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Project Manager- MRBM T3C2 Program: SEI&T Project Manager Requires Secret Clearance
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
This Project Manager position will support the MRBM-T3c2 Program. The SEIT PM works to increase the focus on clear requirements development, interface design, testability, and verification. The SEIT PM is also expected to emphasize the importance of collaborative system design, with insight and oversight across all engineering boundaries. This position will report to the Director of Systems Engineering Integration and Test and the Program Chief Engineer. In this position, the SEIT PM will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following focus areas:
- Support the design and development of system architecture
- Ensure that design changes in hardware and software are compatible with existing components and subsystems, particularly for efforts requiring the support of more than one engineering discipline
- Develop comprehensive design and interface requirements and lead the verification effort, ensuring cross-functional communication
- Develop program master test plan, integration concepts and integration flows with specific emphasis on Test Like You Fly assessment and verification
- Effectively utilize Systems Engineering products, such as First Flight/Reuse and TLYF Assessments early in the system architecture and design phase to identify and mitigate risks
- Lead the process and review products for formal data review
- Provide direct supervision of Systems Engineering and I&T Leads
- Perform EVMS functions (CAM) for Systems Engineering and Integration and Test WBS elements
- Candidate must have a minimum of 7 years of related work experience.
- Supervisory experience or previous Lead Engineer experience is required.
- Candidate must have a DoD Secret level security clearance which generally requires US Citizenship as a prerequisite.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with First Flight/Reuse, and TLYF Assessments
- Experience with EVMS
- A strong experienced-based and academic foundation in Systems Engineering fundamentals is desired.
- Experience with Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems LVD SEIT standards/guidelines and expectations is desired.
- Experience with external customer interfacing (meetings, presentation, negotiation) is desired.
- System testing and launch operations experience is desired.
- Previous experience in Systems Engineering is desirable.
Travel: Occasional, 10-20%.
Education and Experience
Requires BS in Engineering & 7 years or Masters in Engineering & 5 years or PhD & 2 years.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years