Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Materials Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are looking for a Sr. Materials Engineer for our Orbital ATK Launch Vehicle Division in Chandler, AZ.
Candidate shall have demonstrated experience in the materials engineering discipline. Knowledge of printed wiring boards (PWB) and assembly level manufacturing, failure analysis and fracture mechanics is required. A basic knowledge of metals, polymer composites, plastics, and elastomers is desired.
Candidate shall be responsible for providing technical support for a variety of engineering tasks including selection of materials, manufacturing processes and material test methods. Conduct PWB/microelectronic materials selection and process evaluation, manufacturing troubleshooting and failure analyses. Support quality organization in microelectronic supplier surveys and audits. Coordinate efforts and analysis results with electronic packaging engineers. Responsible for gathering, maintaining, formatting, compiling, and manipulating technical data such as laboratory or material test reports. Will conduct tests and record data to assist with engineering evaluation or analysis.
1. Based on specific stated objectives, performs analysis, design, or test of one or more complex materials, structural components or functional systems of company products. Use advanced structural and product design engineering software tools.
2. With minimal guidance, studies basic design concepts and criteria for complex materials, components, or functional systems. Applies engineering principles to adapt or improve upon heritage features from previous successful designs of a similar nature.
3. Makes an extra effort to provide quality customer service. Constantly seeks new sources of information and provides information necessary to meet customer needs.
4. Demonstrates a willingness to seek creative, new and different ways to accomplish outcomes.
5. Perform complex engineering design, development, analysis, and/or test activities to support assigned projects.
6. Develop test programs as needed to evaluate system elements, such as materials, structural components, etc.
7. Manage test activities and test article fabrication, including documentation of results.
8. Determine engineering tasks required for project planning and execution.
Education and Experience
Requires BS in Engineering & 4 years or Masters in Engineering & 2 years.
BS in Engineering: Materials Science, Chemistry or Physics majors preferred
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years