Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Principal Electrical Engineer- GQM 163A Field Engineer & Lead
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
An experienced engineer with leadership ability is needed to fill the role of GQM-163A operations Field Team Lead, with additional duty as the field team training coordinator.
Candidate must be able to travel to field sites to support launch operations. Duties of the Field Team Lead include assigning work flow to support personnel; monitoring progress against plan; adjusting work flow to maintain efficiencies and respond to unforeseen circumstances; and coordinating with program leadership from remote sites. Background in structured work procedures, electrical system troubleshoot, system Integration and Test (I&T), and quality assurance is highly desirable. Candidate will maintain a structured GQM Field Team training program: define training requirements, identify training resources, and lead training sessions.
Job Reponsibilities include:
- Run Field events as Lead: Schedule work flow. Monitor progress. Adjust to range availability and unforeseen issues.
- Participate in target build-up, ordnance installation, troubleshoot, and electrical test.
- Coordinate Field activities with Range support personnel, adjusting for scheduling conflicts.
- Field travel is required, typically at 2-week intervals during Field campaigns and supporting multiple campaigns per year.
- Develop and maintain training materials and schedules for GQM Field operations support team.
- Evaluate team members to establish targeted training, improve depth of capabilities, and broaden cross-training.
- Evaluate team members to identify candidates for training as additional Field team leads.
- Must pass ordnance physical for Field Support.
- Must possess or obtain a valid passport to support international launch operations.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance.
- A 4-year engineering degree and 7 years of related technical work experience is required, at a minimum. Previous experience performing field engineering work is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with MS Office tools is preferred: Word, Excel, Project, Visio, and PowerPoint.
Education and Experience
Requires BS in Engineering & 7 years or Masters in Engineering & 5 years or PhD & 2 years.
Bachelor of Science Electrical Engineering is highly preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years