Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Princ Systems Engineer- Mission Manager MRBM T3C2 Program Secret Clearance Required
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovations Systems is searching for an experienced Principal Systems Engineer – Mission Manager to join our Systems Engineering team in the Launch Vehicle Division at our Chandler, AZ facility. The Principal Systems Engineer – Mission Manager will support the MRBM T3c2 program.
Create and manage system requirements, specifications and the requirements verification data base. Implement changes to system and subsystem architecture models and run existing models and simulations to assess system performance.
- Creates system/mission requirements and manages both requirement changes in the Requirements Management databases under self direction using established guidelines.
- Creates and manages both original and revised specification/interface definition documents for a project and expedites documents through signature approval process.
- Creates and manages the requirements verification methods and database provided to the customer, to ensure data products are current, as the system design/build matures, and that it satisfies each mission requirement.
- Creates and modifies mission level management tracking reports.
- Participates and supports proposal-writing efforts for Systems Engineering for a portion of a project.
- Provides data for risk management (identifies potential risks and develops mitigation strategies) and trade study processes for a portion of a project.
- Creates and manages System Representations under self direction using established guidelines.
- Technical Resource Budgets and Configuration Control Board participation.
- Leads aspects of test planning and test like you fly (TLYF) verification, including data handling, data review, interface verification, major failure/anomaly resolution.
- Manages post-flight data review and reporting
- Primary range interface point of contact. Creates and manages range documentation, e.g., Universal Documentation System and Range Interface Control Document.
- Primary customer/end user point of contact for mission activities
- Creates and manages changes to system or subsystem analytical models under self direction using established guidelines. Can identify issues with model.
- Supports and leads the testing and/or evaluation/validation of one or more components of a system or subsystem analytical model or actual system implementation.
- Lead preparations and present materials for Mission Reviews.
- Leads and prepares mission analysis, mission timelines, launch countdown procedure, mission constraints and CONOPs development.
- Performs cost estimates and project planning for a portion of larger project.
Education and Experience
Requires BS in Engineering & 7 years or Masters in Engineering & 5 years or PhD & 2 years.
Bachelors Degree (BS) in Engineering with a minimum of 7 years of related experience. Electrical, Aerospace, or Systems engineering background preferred - Experience performing systems analysis and design, requirements decomposition and allocation, and requirements verification - DOORS experience desirable - Data analysis and Matlab experience is desirable – Active security clearance (Secret) is required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years