Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Integration & Test Engineer- Mechanical- Active DoD Security Clearance
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced I&T Engineer-Mechanical to join our Integration and Test team in our Chandler, AZ office.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
The I&T Engineer-Mechanical daily responsibilities will require direct contact with launch vehicle flight hardware and solid rocket motors. Candidate will contribute to the final assembly, integration and test of various orbital and sub-orbital launch vehicle systems.
Specific duties may include:
- Hands on testing at a systems level,
- Developing and maintaining processes and procedures for the assembly and test of launch vehicle systems;
- Coordinating integration activities with supervisors, program engineers and various customer organizations;
- Incorporating design changes on WIP or completed assemblies; documenting and dispositioning hardware discrepancies and pursuing root cause and corrective actions;
- Designing and developing tooling to aid in the integration and test process;
- Evaluating and implementing Lean solutions to decrease cycle times;
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors.
The successful candidate will be able to work independently and complete assigned tasks without direct supervision.
- Candidate must have a minimum of two years of related experience.
- US citizenship is required.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Mechanical engineering candidate with an understanding of mechanical system design, integration and test.
- Hands on integration experience with multiple sub-systems or components is required.
- Skills to write test procedures and review test data to ensure that hardware is tested properly and has passed all required tests.
- Documentation skills and experience on common PC desktop applications are also required.
- Ability to travel Occasional business travel may be required.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering is required.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years