Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
2nd Shift Operations Manager
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
Orbital ATK Special Mission Aircraft, a division of Orbital ATK Defense Electronic Systems in Ft. Worth,TX.
As an Orbital ATK Operations Manager, you will report to the Director of Operations and manage a team of Supervisors and highly skilled operators to meet quality and on-time delivery for an aircraft modification line. You will be responsible for maintaining a safe and compliant area in accordance with Orbital ATK policy and procedures as well as development of personnel, cross training, staffing and managing resources in support of manufacturing.
- Ensure tools, plans, people and material are available to complete assigned workloads
- Maintaining a safe work environment (personal and professional)
- Daily tie-in with production operations manager for work load, priority and the supervision of assigned personnel
- Execute day-to-day operations of a group of employees to complete daily production goals in support of business requirements
- Ensure operator training on procedures, quality documents, and safety is complete and effective
- Lead/participate in continuous improvement activities
- Responsible for performance management and corrective action
- Administer and implement corrective action on incidents and FOD/other issues
- Initiate Maintenance Work Orders, Tool Discrepancy Reports, Tooling Change Notices and Facilities Engineering Orders, and track to completion
- Coordinate production needs with scheduled maintenance work
- Write and process Damaged Tool and Property Reports
- Lead 8D Cause and Corrective Action projects
- BS/BA degree with minimum of 5 years manufacturing experience, or High School diploma/GED with 10+ years’ experience
- Must have demonstrated manufacturing leadership ability in systems installation and complex aircraft assembly manufacturing environment(s)
- Strong written and oral communication skills related to highly technical topics, across all levels including customers and leadership
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years