Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Orbital ATK’s Missile Products Division is currently seeking a Procurement Manager for our Integrated Supply Chain Management department. The position will be located in our Baltimore, Maryland office.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission - whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
- Manage a team of individual contributors, and along with them act as a focal point in development, communication, and execution of inventory levels, part’s demand as well as training material and performance objectives.
- Create, develop and implement supply chain strategies for competitive costs and supplier execution excellence.
- Collaborate across functions, departments and divisions to meet internal and external customer demands.
- Ensure consistent execution of processes related to planning, selection, and execution in support of domestic and international programs.
- Familiar with contract flow down clauses and data management requirements
- Provide leadership in areas of negotiations, risk mitigation, compliance, and company policies, procedures and terms and conditions.
- Responsible for lifecycle execution of the acquisition process in development new business proposals requests, to the issuance of purchase orders.
- Minimum five years’ experience in Supply Chain Management is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, operations management, business management or a closely related discipline is required.
- Proven accomplishments in operational cost reductions and process improvements.
- Demonstrated success in direct management of supply chain professionals, achieving world class results.
- Strong knowledge of performing cost/price analysis, Truthful Cost and Pricing Act and Cost Accounting Standards.
- Experience with US defense procurement requirements i.e. FAR, DFAR, SOX.
- Supports auditing processes such as DCMA, DCAA, and CPSR
- Experience with Import/Export regulations such as ITAR, EAR, DDTC registration.
- Must be US Citizen.
- An MBA degree is preferred.
- APICS Certified is preferred.
- Exposure to program plans, finance and quality systems
Behavioral Competencies for Success:
- Drive for Results
- Sense of Urgency/Action Oriented
- Strategic Thinking
- Motivating, Inspiring & Developing Others
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products, and your ideas, into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do! We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Expertise: Inventory Management, Continuous Improvement, Logistics, MRP systems, Lean/Six Sigma, Capacity planning, Production Scheduling, Material/Planning, Forecasting, Process Management, Government Regulations, Inventory Management, Security Clearance, Influence, ITAR, Communication Skills, Resource Management, Supply Chain, DFAR, Employee Development, Performance Management, People Management, Written/Verbal Communication, Vendor Relationship Management, ERP, FAR, Distribution, Operations, Management, Production