Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Associate System Safety & Launch Integration Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Are you looking for an opportunity to learn and work on nearly every satellite that Orbital ATK is designing, building, testing, and launching? Do you want experience with diverse space missions ranging from commercial communications, earth, solar and interplanetary science, space logistics and human spaceflight? Do you want to learn about the parts, components, and subsystems that make up a space vehicle, as well as how the vehicle interacts with both the launch vehicle and ground system? If so, look no further than the Systems Safety and Launch Integration department in Space Systems Group’s Systems Engineering Directorate.
The Associate Systems Engineer is responsible for developing key SE deliverables, and supporting/leading system-safety activities (including ground safety, range safety, and flight safety), or launch integration activities, for assigned programs. These efforts will include interacting as part of a multi-disciplined engineering team developing the space system architecture (& constituent elements) for existing flight programs, as well as new business concepts and proposals. Furthermore, these efforts may include launch campaign support at remote launch sites.
- Apply the systems engineering process to define and verify space vehicle and ground segment requirements to ensure safe operations and conduct analyses to architect and implement a safe and robust system.
- Define and verify space vehicle-to-launch vehicle interface requirements and support space-vehicle launch-campaign management activities at a variety of launch sites (Kwajalein, Cape Canaveral, Vandenberg AFB, Baikonur, etc).
- Manage interface with customer safety and launch integration personnel (NASA GSFC/JPL/etc, US Air Force, etc), and support ground operations and launch mission working groups.
- Interface with launch vehicle providers, including Space X (Falcon 9) and United Launch Alliance (Atlas V) to ensure each space vehicle is integrated, tested, launched and operated safely and reliably.
- Support space vehicle design/development to ensure that customer & internal goals for safety, mission success, and performance are met.
- Analyze existing Integration and Test processes to demonstrate customer and internal requirements are met for both safety and mission success, whether at the launch site, or at our facilities in Gilbert, AZ and Dulles, VA.
- Conduct system-level analyses to architect/design next-generation mission concepts (satellite servicing, space logistics, etc) to maximize mission success without compromising compliance with customer, government and internal flight safety requirements.
- Describe/analyze/explain space vehicle designs to NASA and Air Force customers to explain how applicable safety requirements for design, build, and test are met.
- Potential opportunities to support other groups within Orbital ATK, such as Flight Systems Group (Launch Vehicles) and Defense Systems Group (Missile Systems and Components)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an Engineering or related field (or equivalent experience)
Nice to Have:
- Experience with space system design, testing or Mission Operations
- Exposure to the systems engineering discipline (and its application for system safety)
- Familiarity with NASA Standards (8719.9, 8719.17, 8719.12), AFSPCMAN-91-710 and/or MIL-STD-882
- Experience in requirements development and management processes
- Experience in development and maintenance of interface control documents and related processes
- Experience in space system testing and evaluation (flight and/or ground testing)
- Experience with Windchill Quality Solutions/Relex
- Experience using Requirements Management Tools, such as DOORS
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year