Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Environmental Health & Safety Engineer (EHS)
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission, whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently recruiting for a Safety (EHS) Engineer to join our team in our Rocket Center, WV location.
The successful candidate will have safety compliance responsibility for all regulatory of Orbital ATK ABL’s Safety Program, assuring compliance with Federal OSHA and West Virginia safety regulations in their area of assigned responsibility. The Safety Engineer will:
- Prevent injury, illness, or ill health by proactively managing risk and prompting a culture that expects and supports a safe, healthy workplace.
- Review and improve our EHS processes while meeting or exceeding legal and regulatory requirements.
- Provide an environment for open communication and participation by consulting, training and advising internal and external stakeholders.
- Evaluate and manage the EHS aspects and risks of our process, equipment, and services based on hierarchy of control
- Measure EHS performance and provide a framework for setting objectives to achieve continual improvement.
Role description & Responsibilities:
- Individual will also apply the OA Hazardous Operations Standard (HOPS) and provide guidance to Rocket Center employees to maintain compliance.
- Sign permits of various types.
- Participate as an instructor in the safety training program.
- Support the EHS team in the development, implementation, monitoring and continuous improvement of ABL safety programs, ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
- Participate in investigations and root cause analysis and make resolution recommendations.
- Implements corrective/preventive actions and continuous improvement activities as directed.
- Maintains various reporting systems and provides safety analysis as required.
- Assists in job hazard assessments (JHA) by participating in processes and procedures and researching industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Participates in EHS site audits, inspections and routine surveys including the developing and drafting of audit documentation, tracking corrective actions, and monitoring trends in results of audit activities.
- Assists in the development of technical documents including EHS procedures, programs, and guidance documents.
- Leads internal customers and others for the purpose of completing projects/assignments efficiently and effectively.
- Assists in maintaining, updating and coordinating EHS training programs including setup and use of EHS management system.
- May respond to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety/security concerns. Will be on call on a rotating basis.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering, Environmental Health, and Safety or related field preferred.
- CSP certification preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working in an EHS role within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with OSHA compliance requirements.
- Experience in Microsoft Office (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint).
- Able to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- High level analytical, interpersonal, organizational, and computer skills.
- Independent judgment is exercised in performance of duties.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years