Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Manager Factory Ops
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the words leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Manager, Factory Operations
The Sr. manager position manages the Autonomous Management Managers for the operational areas of a 24/7 manufacturing operation.
The Sr. manager is responsible for setting the operational standards and processes to ensure that safety, quality and delivery metrics are met.
The Sr. manager drives root cause measures for safety, quality and operational issues as well as drives corrective actions.
Oversees the budgets for the functional areas under the manager’s direction.
Develops tactical plans and ensures their execution
Supports Orbital ATK policies and business ethics and conduct standards
Administer employee recognition and corrective actions
- Bachelors' degree in Business or Engineering
- Demonstrated success implementing and sustaining Toyota Production System concepts in a factory environment.
- Prefer a minimum of ten years’ work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Exceptional leadership skills and ability to lead a large team of employees to achieve continual process improvements while satisfying business objectives.
- Must have demonstrated consistent use of the following competencies: composure, delegating, interpersonal savvy, planning, time management, timely decision making, presentation skills, business acumen and managing through systems.
- Must have demonstrated through practice the commitment to assuring a safe workplace. Must have experience working in a successful team atmosphere.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products and your ideas into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years