Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Temp Cerified Energy Manager
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
We are actively seeking to add a key member to our Facilities Engineering team. At a high level, our target Facilities Energy Engineer must have the ability to take the physical reality and logically create what our customers need to control key manufacturing processes. In addition to in-depth understanding and significant application of technical engineering expertise, you should be action-oriented, possess strong written and verbal communication skills, and have the innate ability to make critical, timely decisions.
- Overall accountability for the Plant’s energy conservation and cost reduction program. Develop and propose plans, designs and specifications for new or modified manufacturing and utility processes including production equipment, utilities equipment, and utilities distribution, all targeted to reduce energy consumption.
- Provide technical engineering support for facilities and production related construction projects. Identify opportunities for energy conservation, evaluate energy impacts. Evaluate risks and develop mitigation actions.
- Support and manage the triple constraint of Scope, funded dollar amount and scheduled timeline.
- Provide and implement technical solutions to advanced problems which require ingenuity and innovation, some of which involve older technology at a 60-yr old manufacturing facility.
- Coordinate with internal engineering staffs and direct outside contractor, consultant, and vendor related activities related to facility and processes.
- Independently determine and develop technical objectives.
- Support profitability goals through actions and support including energy saving initiatives.
- BS in Engineering is required. Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- 5+ years engineering experience working Energy Management issues in a Facilities or Manfacturing environment.
- Must be currently designated as a Certified Enegy Manager (CEM) by the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE).
- Experience with and support to a facility-utility infrastructure in a manufacturing or public works environment. You will regularly work with systems such as natural gas, electricity, HVAC, steam production and distribution, water production and pumping control, compressed air, etc.
- A broad background in facilities engineering and energy management in a large-scale environment. Experience in energy procurement, budgeting, life cycle cost analysis, and strategy development for energy reduction is essential.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and able to use MS Projects.
- Understanding of the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007, the Energy Policy Act of 2007, and ISO50001 Certification.
- Prefer experience with Energy Savings and Performance Contracting programs.
- Prefer experience with SCADA and Building Management Systems.
- Must have the ability and desire to work independently, while at the same time able to interact with multiple levels of leadership in Operations and Maintenance roles. This position will be the central point of contact for all energy iniatives.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Temporary
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years