Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager Factory Ops
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking a Manager of Factory Operations.
Orbital ATK has an opportunity for a Manufacturing Operations Manager in the charging, priming, loading, and packing operations at Lake City Army Ammunition Plant located in Independence, MO.The Operations Manager will be responsible in their area for promoting a focus on safety, consistently delivering high quality product, meeting monthly schedule goals, staffing their area appropriately, scheduling overtime, scheduling maintenance on equipment, and reducing downtime.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree, prefer in Business, Engineering, or other technical discipline
- Prefer a minimum of five years’ work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated success implementing and sustaining Toyota Production System concepts in a factory environment
- Exceptional leadership skills and ability to lead a team of employees to achieve continual process improvements while satisfying business objectives
- Must have demonstrated consistent use of the following competencies: composure, delegating, interpersonal savvy, planning, time management, timely decision making, presentation skills, business acumen, and managing through systems
- Must have demonstrated through practice the commitment to assuring a safe workplace
- Strong communication skill, both verbal and written
- Must have experience working in a successful team atmosphere
- Manages a production area of 30-50 union employees within multiple work units, across two shifts
- Manages subordinate supervisors
- Develops tactical plans and ensures their execution
- Drives continuous improvements in Safety, Quality, Delivery, Employee Engagement, and Cost
- Supports Orbital ATK policies and business ethics and conduct standards
- Administers employee recognition and corrective actions
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products and your ideas into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do! We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years