Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr Princ Mission Assur Engr
With projected annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, approximately 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Space Systems Group designs, manufactures and operates small and medium-class spacecraft for communications, imaging, scientific, exploration and national security space applications. The Group is leading supplier of space components that power and enable satellites of all classes, provides technical engineering services to government agencies and laboratories, and is developing exciting new satellite servicing and advanced space flight technologies.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Responsible supporting the functions of the Orbital ATK’s Quality Assurance Department at the company’s Small Caliber Ammunition operation at the Lake City Army Ammunition plant. Establishes and adapts work plans and resources to meet operational objectives. Provides support to the Plant’s manufacturing operations to ensure compliance of product to technical requirements and customer needs.
- Monitor data and develop metrics relating to organizational performance.
- Ensure critical defect plans are maintained and followed, and reports generated/submitted in accordance with contractual requirements
- Maintain oversight and review of applicable procedures, process, and specification specifications related to the work center activities.
- Provide support to Failure Analysis and other similar problem solving activities using proven methods
- Ensure Quality Assurance initiatives relating to COQ, NCMs, PQDRs, CARs, etc. are successfully executed to meet organizational objectives
- Provide guidance and support to FAAT activities to ensure successful execution and customer satisfaction
- Encourage and support Quality Assurance team in review of Acceptance inspection process performance.
- Drive process improvement ideas to implementation phase.
- Lead inspection, testing and acceptance processes to ensure cycle time of products in queue is minimized.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited 4-year institution or equivalent work experience.
- Prior experience working in Mission Assurance/Quality Control
- Minimum of 3-5 years working in a technical quality, process or product engineering position, preferably in the manufacture of small caliber ammunition
- Ability to plan and coordinate resources necessary for inspection and testing and acceptance of small caliber ammunition
- Thorough understanding of and able to plan/coordinate First Article Acceptance Test (FAAT) requirements preferable in a USG environment
- Prior experience working with nonconforming material (NCM) processes for the containment and disposition of product.
- Process driven toward continuous improvement and standardization.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft applications (Word and Excel) and
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills.
- Prior experience working with USG technical data including military specifications, standards and drawings
- Knowledge base in Lean Manufacturing Principles and/or Six Sigma Principles.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years