Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Facilities Engineer/Manufacturing Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Facilities Energy Engineer
A premier aerospace and defense company, Orbital ATK offers an opportunity to work on innovative and groundbreaking challenges in an inspiring atmosphere of collaboration and empowerment. We’re stable, diversified and growing, with many key clients and a mission that supports our nation.
We are actively seeking to add a key member to our Facilities Engineering team. At a high level, our target Facilities Energy Engineer must have the ability to take the physical reality and logically create what our customers need to control key manufacturing processes. In addition to in-depth understanding and significant application of technical engineering expertise, you should be action-oriented, possess strong written and verbal communication skills, and have the innate ability to make critical, timely decisions.
- Overall accountability for the Plant’s energy conservation and cost reduction program. Develop and propose plans, designs and specifications for new or modified manufacturing and utility processes including production equipment, utilities equipment, and utilities distribution, all targeted to reduce energy consumption.
- Provide technical engineering support for facilities and production related construction projects. Identify opportunities for energy conservation, evaluate energy impacts. Evaluate risks and develop mitigation actions.
- Support and manage the triple constraint of Scope, funded dollar amount and scheduled timeline.
- Provide and implement technical solutions to advanced problems which require ingenuity and innovation, some of which involve older technology at a 60-yr old manufacturing facility.
- Coordinate with internal engineering staffs and direct outside contractor, consultant, and vendor related activities related to facility and processes.
- Independently determine and develop technical objectives.
- Support profitability goals through actions and support including energy saving initiatives.
- BS in Engineering is required. Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- 5+ years engineering experience working Energy Management issues in a Facilities or Manfacturing environment.
- Must be currently designated as a Certified Enegy Manager (CEM) by the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE).
- Experience with and support to a facility-utility infrastructure in a manufacturing or public works environment. You will regularly work with systems such as natural gas, electricity, HVAC, steam production and distribution, water production and pumping control, compressed air, etc.
- A broad background in facilities engineering and energy management in a large-scale environment. Experience in energy procurement, budgeting, life cycle cost analysis, and strategy development for energy reduction is essential.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and able to use MS Projects.
- Understanding of the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007, the Energy Policy Act of 2007, and ISO50001 Certification.
- Prefer experience with Energy Savings and Performance Contracting programs.
- Prefer experience with SCADA and Building Management Systems.
- Must have the ability and desire to work independently, while at the same time able to interact with multiple levels of leadership in Operations and Maintenance roles. This position will be the central point of contact for all energy iniatives.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years