Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr Contracts Administrator
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Cradle to grave large and small service contracts administration.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) The ability to develop solutions to a variety of problems, some complex (2) Excellent verbal and written communication skills to accurately document and report findings (3) Excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide contractors, employees, managers and customers (4) Excellent computer skills. (Windows Office suite of products and Cost Point knowledge).
- Identifies service contract performance issues and provides solutions.
- Develops, reviews, and proposes Service Contract Scopes of Work, terms and conditions and procurement packages.
- Represents the organization as the primary administrative contact on assigned portfolio of contracts.
- Primary responsibility for managing day to day performance of subcontractors and enforcing contract compliance on assigned portfolio of contracts. Contracts include, but are not limited to: Custodial Services, Laundry Services, Building and Grounds Maintenance.
- Responsible for developing and managing department budgets that support service contracts.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and company policies when conducting business on behalf of the Company.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in business administration or a related discipline, along with 5 – 10 years of progressive professional experience in contract administration. A Master’s degree is a plus.
- Certified Federal Contract Manager (CFCM) certification or Certified Professional Contract Manager (CPCM) or completion of the Contracts Certificate Program (SDSU) is a plus.
- Experience with large and small complex contracts and their administration at various phases of the contract performance. Must have experience with FFP, CPFF, CPIF, T&M contract types.
- Must have a complete understanding of contract principles, theories and concepts and be fully knowledgeable of practices, techniques, and standards under the Federal Acquisition Regulations and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations. Can efficiently and effectively research and locate FAR/DFAR information.
- Must be customer focused and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advises management of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of terms and conditions.
- Must have excellent organization skills and the ability to work independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as needed.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD clearance is desired.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years