Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Director Finance
Orbital ATK – Defense Systems Group is seeking an experienced Sr. Director, Finance for our Small Caliber Systems Division, headquartered in Independence, MO. The position reports to the Vice President, Finance for Defense Systems Group.
With annual revenues of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK’s Defense Systems Group (DSG) is an industry leader in precision weapons, tactical rocket motors used in air-, sea- and land-based systems, missile-warning products, and ammunition and gun systems, serving America and our allies. The group is the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading manufacturer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and gun systems. In addition, the group develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion control systems. It also provides extensive experience and expertise in defense facility management, modernization and automation worldwide.
Orbital ATK is the world’s leading producer of high-quality ammunition as the operator of the Lake City Army Armament Plant in Independence, Missouri. During the last five years, the company manufactured over 8 billion rounds of small-caliber ammunition for the U.S. military and other customers. The company is also a leader in the global defense-systems marketplace, supplying the U.S. government and its allies with high quality, cost-effective non-standard (non-NATO) munitions through a worldwide network of suppliers.
The Finance Director will develop and implement financial strategies that ensure compliance and optimize profitability for the segment. He/she will be a trusted confidant of the segment VP/GM and will work closely with him to ensure the financial organization is configured to achieve the segment’s strategic objectives. We are looking for an extremely important dynamic business leader to create, deliver and drive change.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Provide strategic business leadership for the Small Caliber Systems Division.
- Provide key executive leadership for Lake City facility proposal and international business pursuits.
- In partnership with the DSG VP Finance and VP/GM Small Caliber Systems Division, complete preparations for and lead Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Financial Planning and Reporting Activity for the Division.
- Oversee and support all accounting, financial reporting and compliance activity for program accounting functions (EAC’s, revenue recognition, monthly reporting, etc.) for SCS, in accordance with GAAP, FAR and CAS.
- Support business proposal development activity, cost estimating and economic evaluation of investment alternatives, as required.
- Coordinate with DSG VP Finance and VP/GM on execution, cost control and analysis activities for existing contracts, including program EACs.
- Hands-on leadership in developing and maintaining accurate financial forecasts.
- Manage balance sheet and coordination with corporate shared services and general accounting function of the division.
- Ensure adherence to internal control processes and certifications to ensure on-going compliance and financial statement integrity as required by Sarbanes Oxley Act and related external reporting standards.
- Coordinate with DSG VP Finance and VP/GM to develop and lead operational action plans to reduce working capital balances consistent with commitments in the annual financial plan.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and contractual commitments with special focus on business systems rules to ensure adequacy in passing all DCAA/DCMA audits.
- Support internal/ external audit activities as needed.
- Establish and maintain system of internal controls and on-going compliance with all U.S. Government regulations and business systems rules.
- We need a hard working executive who knows how to drive and improve performance by motivating others to address issues that help improve execution.
- Minimum of 10 years previous experience working in a manufacturing environment with significant experience in planning and reporting, program cost control / EAC management and strong understanding of revenue recognition / GAAP.
- Exposure to commercial (non-government) markets.
- Strong on-site manufacturing experience in a high rate production environment.
- BS in Finance or Accounting; CPA/MBA Preferred.
- Must have well developed interpersonal skills.
- Strong financial leadership and analytical skills and experience presenting financial information at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated understanding of public-company financial reporting standards and U.S. Government procurement regulations, including FAR and CAS.
- The Finance Director must be a good recruiter and team builder, and should be able to mentor and train subordinates for positions of greater responsibility.
- We need a Finance Director who is a savvy executive and very much a strategic leader.
- We desire an executive who is willing to be actively involved with a customer both in negotiating agreements and addressing financial issues.
- We need a change agent with a demonstrated ability to upgrade systems and staff as needed to support a diversified and rapidly growing business.
- We need a sound strategic thinker who can truly complement the segment’s leadership team.
- Entrepreneurial attitude and strong business sense.
- A team player who will quickly grow and maintain the trust of the entire executive leadership team.
- Creative mindset and well-developed problem solving skills.
- Possesses the ability to anticipate, plan for and manage organizational change and growth.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary and performance based incentive, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years