Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking experienced Manufacturing/Process Engineers to support manufacturing execution excellence and technical issues resolution in multiple manufacturing areas at our Small Caliber Systems Division in Independence, MO facility (LCAAP).
This is a Manufacturing/Process Engineering position on our ammunition Manufacturing Process Engineering team.
In this role the candidate will:
- Investigate various process performance factors and rules-in-use through direct observation of the production floor operations
- Perform in-depth analysis of existing or acquired process and product data
- Evaluate tooling and manufacturing processes in order to improve equipment operation and aide operators in repeatedly and reliably manufacturing quality products
- Develop relationships with equipment operators and operations supervisions to foster an environment of continuous improvement within our high volume manufacturing process
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external peers, customers, and suppliers
Sound interpersonal and teaming skills, observational and experimental design skills, solid process-engineering skills, and data analysis and trending skills are a must for this position. The candidate’s success will be defined by their ability to:
- Identify and close the gaps between our standard practices and the rules-in-use on the production floor
- Improve the standard practices and processes in the area to reduce variation in our product
- Multi-task in a fast paced manufacturing environment
The ideal candidate should have 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment, be an expert observer, a data driven experimenter, and a fast relationship-builder. Further, they should be highly insightful with process problems, standards focused, and driven to take initiative and find innovative solutions to improve the processes in their assigned area. The position will be required to perform troubleshooting existing processes to improve safety, quality, cost and efficiency. The candidate will be part of a manufacturing area management team responsible for the performance of the area assigned.
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience creating process work procedures and reaction plans
- Experience with statistical data analysis and trending
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven time management skills
- 2+ Years’ experience
- Six Sigma green-belt or higher
- Experience in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Experience in metal-forming and machining operations
- Experience with automation and control systems
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years