Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Temporary Financial Analyst
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Education and Experience
Orbital ATK Small Caliber Systems Division is a part of Orbital ATK’s Defense Group. Our facility in Independence, MO is seeking a Cost Analyst with 2-5 years of analytical experience if preferred to support a large proposal effort.
Position Duties & Description
- Analyze financial data from a 7-10 year span, generated from multiple cost reporting systems
- Compare historical data to new vendor quotes and provide analysis and recommendations to buyers
- Generate and compare multiple pricing strategies and scenarios and report to Proposal Manager
- Provide trending data/reports, make/buy analysis, and return on investment analyses as necessary
Qualifications & Experience
- Completed or in-process Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum of 2 years analytical experience preferred
- Ability to compile, analyze, and present complex financial information
- Detail oriented and the ability to provide timely and accurate resolutions
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills, including ability to quickly summarize large amounts of data and create reports using MS Excel and generate presentations using MS PowerPoint; MS Access skills a plus
- Experience with IBM Cognos Query Studio, and/or Analysis Studio a plus
Job Type: Temporary
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years