Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Orbital ATK - Defense Systems Group has an exciting opening for a talented Software Engineer within the Armament Systems Division based in Plymouth, MN.
As a global technology leader with revenues of nearly $4.5 billion, Orbital ATK designs, builds and delivers space, defense and flight systems to customers around the world. Orbital ATK employs approximately 12,500 people in 20 states across the U.S. and several international locations.
The development of innovative and intelligent armament systems, designed to protect and enable our armed forces, is accelerating. This has increased the need for engineers who have a passion for technology development, paired with demonstrated expertise in process excellence. These engineers will drive to continually outperform the competition and exceed customer expectations while acting with integrity, loyalty, and respect.
The Software Engineer is an integral part of each product development team. Involvement begins at system requirement definition and continues through system verification and test.
- Develop real time embedded C/C++ code for Microchip, Atmel, or TI microprocessor/DSP.
- Generate and unit test code using IAR Integrated Development Environment, Code Composer or equivalent on a custom breadboard in a lab setting. Integrate multiple software items into a reliable working system.
- Contribute to creation of clear and professional documentation such as development plans, requirements specifications, design descriptions, test descriptions, and version descriptions per DoD standards.
- Perform various types of analysis such as data analysis and throughput analysis.
- Follow CMMI compliant software processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer /Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with BS degree or not minimum experience with MS degree
- Familiarity working with embedded real time software systems in close coordination with Electrical Engineering.
- Comfortable in a lab environment working with tools such as function generators and oscilloscopes
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently and organize/prioritize job assignments and tasks
- Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, as well as the ability to present data and information to large audiences.
- Proficient use of personal computers using the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, rapidly changing, short turn-around environment
- Must be a U.S. citizen and qualify for a U.S. Government security clearance
- Additional desirable skills / experience includes Software Defined Radio, Mesh Network, Ham Radio hobby, IOT, Embedded SW Cyber Security / Software Assurance / Anit-Tamper, Encryption, Program Protection Plan
Please note: Applicants with more or less experience than the amount specified above (within reason) are encouraged to apply. The job level is somewhat adaptable.
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years