Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Group is currently recruiting for an experienced Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Engineer to join our team in Clearfield Utah.
ACTIVE SECURITY CLEARANCE PREFERRED, MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN SECURITY CLEARANCE.
The Aerospace Structures Group Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) is a multi-faceted department which focuses on the following:
- Prevent injury, illness, or ill health by proactively managing risk and prompting a culture that expects and supports a safe, healthy workplace.
- Respect and protect the environment by preventing pollution, minimizing waste and conserving resources.
- Review and improve our EHS processes while meeting or exceeding legal and regulatory requirements.
- Provide an environment for open communication and participation by consulting, training and advising internal and external stakeholders.
- Evaluate and manage the EHS aspects and risks of our process, equipment, and services based on hierarchy of control
- Measure EHS performance and provide a framework for setting objectives to achieve continual improvement.
We foster partnerships with employees and develop a culture where EHS is integrated throughout all levels of the organization. We create tangible benefits to the business as we continuously improve the health and safety of our employees and the environment.
Our vision is for every OATK ASD employee to be an Environmental, Health and Safety leader.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Supports the EHS team in the development, implementation, monitoring and continuous improvement of ASD Environmental Health and Safety programs, ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
- Participate in investigations and root cause analysis and make resolution recommendations.
- Implements corrective/preventative actions and continuous improvement activities as directed.
- Maintains various reporting systems and provides safety analysis as required.
- Assists in job hazard assessments (JHA) by participating in processes and procedures and researching industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Participates in EHS site audits, inspections and routine surveys including the developing and drafting of audit documentation, tracking corrective actions, and monitoring trends in results of audit activities.
- Assists in the development of technical documents including EHS procedures, programs, and guidance documents.
- Leads internal customers and others for the purpose of completing projects/assignments efficiently and effectively.
- Assists in maintaining, updating and coordinating EHS training programs including setup and use of EHS management system.
- May respond to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety/security concerns.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering, Environmental Health, and Safety or related field preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working in an EHS role within a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience with OSHA and environmental compliance requirements.
- Experience in Microsoft Office (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, SharePoint and PowerPoint).
- Able to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- High level analytical, interpersonal, organizational, and computer skills.
- Independent judgment is exercised in performance of duties.
- Must be able to obtain
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Group is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Please check out latest NGC-ISG video
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years