Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Princ Systems Engineer- NGL Program Top Secret Clearance Required
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Create and manage system requirements, specifications and the requirements verification data base. Implement changes to system and subsystem architecture models and run existing models and simulations to assess system performance.
- Creates system requirements and manages both requirement changes in the Requirements Management databases under self direction using established guidelines for a small project.
- Creates and manages both original and revised specification/interface definition documents for a project and expedites documents through signature approval process.
- Creates and manages the requirements verification methods and database provided to the customer, to ensure data products are current, as the system design/build matures, that it satisfies each system requirement.
- Creates and modifies project level management tracking reports.
- Participates and supports proposal-writing efforts for Systems Engineering for a portion of a project.
- Provides data to and manages risk management (identifies potential risks and develops mitigation strategies)and trade study processes for a portion of a project.
- Creates and manages changes to Functional/Logical/Physical Model of System Architecture descriptions under self direction using established guidelines.
- Creates and manages System Representations under self direction using established guidelines.
- Technical Resource Budgets and Configuration Control Board participation.
- Leads aspects of system design, analyses, interface verification, testing, major failure/anomaly resolution or mission operations.
- Creates and manages changes to system or subsystem analytical models under self direction using established guidelines. Can identify issues with model.
- Defines and Develop system and subsystem architectures(s), system physical views - system elements (blocks) and critical interfaces (internal and external).
- Supports and leads the testing and/or evaluation/validation of one or more components of a system or subsystem analytical model or actual system implementation.
- Directs and Runs existing system or subsystem analytical models and simulations to collect data under self direction using established guidelines.
- Prepare and present materials during System Requirement Review, System Functional Review, Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review and System Verification Review.
- Leads and prepares trade studies, system sensitivity studies, design optimization studies, system performance assessments, system design assessments, Operations Analysis work such as mission analysis and timelines and conops development.
- Performs cost estimates and project planning for a portion of larger project.
Acts as CAM and performs EVMS tracking for a small portion of a large project.
Education and Experience
Requires BS in Engineering & 7 years or Masters in Engineering & 5 years or PhD & 2 years.
Bachelors Degree (BS) in Aerospace, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering is highly preferred. Minimum of 7 years of Systems Engineering experience is required (Requirements decomposition, verification planning, launch site planning, or specification development), - Customer interface and customer requirement definition experience is required. - Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering is highly desired, - Top Secret Security clearance is required
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: 25-50%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years