Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Principal Systems Engineer- Minotaur NRO Lead
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is searching for an experienced Sr. Principal Systems Engineer to join the Systems Engineering team within the Launch Vehicle Division at the Chandler, AZ facility. The Sr. Principal Systems Engineer will support the Minotaur NRO Program as Lead Engineer.
Create and manage system requirements, specifications and the requirements verification data base. Negotiate requirements with the customer. Plan the verification program. Develop CONOPS. Perform System Analysis. Implement changes to system and subsystem architecture models and run existing models and simulations to assess system performance.
- Creates system requirements and manages requirement changes in the Requirements Management databases under self direction using established guidelines for a large project.
- Manages original and revised specification/interface definition documents for a large project.
- Creates, and manages and approves the requirements verification methods and database provided to the customer, to ensure, as the system design/build matures, that it satisfies each system requirement.
- Creates and modifies project level management tracking reports.
- Directs and supports proposal-writing efforts or authors sections/volumes for Systems Engineering for a project.
- Provides data to and manages risk management (identifies potential risks and develops mitigation strategies) and trade study processes for a significant portion of a project.
- Creates and manages changes to Functional/Logical/Physical Model of System Architecture descriptions under self direction using established guidelines.
- Creates and manages System Representations under self direction using established guidelines.
- Technical Resource Budgets and Configuration Control Board participation.
- Provide program management office and mission planning/operations support.
- Leads a team for system design, analyses, interface verification, testing, major failure/anomaly resolution or mission operations.
- Leads the creation of and manages changes to system or subsystem analytical models under self direction using established guidelines.
- Leads development of system and subsystem architectures(s), system physical views - system elements (blocks) and critical interfaces (internal and external).
- Leads and directs the testing and/or evaluation/validation of complete system and subsystem analytical models or actual system implementation.
- Directs and Runs existing system or subsystem analytical models and simulations to collect data under self direction using established guidelines.
- Leads, prepares and presents system engineering materials during System Requirement Review, System Functional Review, Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review and System Verification Review and other formal program reviews.
- Leads and prepares trade studies, system sensitivity studies, design optimization studies, system performance assessments, system design assessments, Operations Analysis work such as mission analysis and timelines and conops development.
- Provides IPT leadership and primary interface to customer for System Engineering Activities.
- Performs and manages cost estimates and project planning for a significant portion of larger project.
Acts as CAM and performs EVMS tracking for a significant portion of a large project.
Education and Experience
Requires BS in Engineering & 10 years or Masters in Engineering & 7 years or PhD in Engineering & 5 years.
Bachelors Degree (BS) in Engineering with a minimum of 10 years of related experience. Electrical, Aerospace, or Systems engineering background preferred - Experience performing systems analysis and design, requirements decomposition and allocation, and requirements verification - DOORS experience desirable - Data analysis and Matlab experience is desirable - Security clearance (Secret or higher) is highly desired
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years