Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Orbital ATK is recruiting a Financial Analyst to support the Guns business segment for the Mesa, AZ location.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
As a key member of an Integrated Product Team, you will work closely with program management, operations, supply chain, contracts, business development, and cost estimating and manage the stream of data allowing both program and executive leadership to make decisions that impact the direction of our business. This position requires a well-rounded finance background with proven ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with internal customers.
- Responsible for program portfolio Month End close activities including: preparing financial forecasts, conducting variance analysis and reviewing financial results with Integrated Product Team
- EAC (estimate at complete) preparation and analysis of programs on a quarterly basis to determine if financial profitability obligations will be achieved at program completion
- Establishing program baselines for new awards including: labor and material spend profiles and billing / cash flow forecasts
- Prepare Annual Plan, including orders, sales, profit and cash flow forecasting for program family and bridge analysis to prior plan
- Partnering with Program Manager as integral member of the product family team
- Cost Control reporting
- Tracking and understanding material allocations by project
- Unbilled analysis, backlog review, other miscellaneous tasks
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting as required
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's in Finance or Accounting is required
- Strong Financial modeling skills
- Two to five years work experience as a financial analyst
- Microsoft Office - Excel skills must be intermediate level or higher
- Must have strong analytical skills in a complex project accounting environment
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, and time management skills
- Must be an agile learner and able to grasp business processes and concepts easily and quickly
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years