Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr Medical Services Coord
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Medical Assistant to provide coverage as a Medical Services team member in our Bacchus clinic, Magna Utah.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Medical Assistant is responsible for assuring the quality, integrity and value of Medical Services while working within a team of professionals, including an Occupational Health Nurse Practitioner/Manager, EMTs, and Safety Engineers. You will be the face of Medical Services as you perform the day to day operations of the Bacchus clinic, interacting with workers, management and other departments.
- Scheduling appointments and greeting visitors.
- Medical Records filing/updating/record-keeping.
- Provide first aid to injured workers according to the Occupational Health Nurse Practitioner, Standing Orders and Evidence Based Medicine.
- Perform drug tests, hearing tests, pulmonary function tests, EKG’s, phlebotomy and assist in medical surveillance and DOT exams.
- Maintain charts and employee records.
- Facilitate return to work and light duty assignments for employees with work related injuries.
- Maintain current case log for workplace injuries outlining treatment plan.
- Assure compliance with OSHA programs such as hearing conservation, spirometry, and medical surveillance.
- Assure compliance with pre-employment, random drug screening and follow up programs in accordance with the Drug Free Workplace Policy.
- Maintain clinic inventory of medications and supplies.
- Assist in coordination of blood drives and flu clinics.
- Exhibit a positive and proactive attitude towards managing the clinic as a whole, the clinic functions and the patient flow.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience preferably in occupational health, urgent care or emergency room.
- Ability to travel to the Promontory clinic, as needed, for training, vacation and illness coverage, etc.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Broad understanding of safety and injury prevention.
- Strong skills in history taking.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented but able to understand the big picture.
- Certification as a Medical Assistant or equivalent clinical and administrative office experience.
- Certification as EMT preferred.
- Must have current CPR certificate.
- Certification as a COHC and NIOSH spirometry preferred (will provide training).
- Certification in DOT drug and alcohol screening (training will be provided).
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years
Education: High School/GED
Expertise: Health and Safety