Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Engineering Tech
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Senior Engineering Technician to join our team at the Bacchus Facility Case Preparation group.
The Senior Engineering Technician operates PLC’s to control the robotic spraying of resins, explosive powder and final liner materials inside of rocket motor chambers while following work instructions on both hard copy planning and paperless (Electronic Shop floor Instructions – ESI). Technician will work closely with process engineering and referring to product drawings/blue prints. Additionally, has to be able to certify as a level I Thermography Inspector.
Position duties include but is not limited to the following:
- Perform pre-operational robot checkouts.
- Set up and robotic spraying of the three part liner materials in all of the commercial programs.
- Monitor and understand viscosity parameters and perform penetrometer test sample readings.
- Cleaning and rebuilding spray gun assemblies.
- Maintaining the Spray Lance Robots and the facilities. This includes writing maintenance work orders and overseeing the maintenance work and following up on all open work requests.
- Prepare ICC’s for casting and coordinate delivery to Mix/Cast.
- Run the PLC’s during charging, spraying and flushing of the robotic operations.
- Maintaining the Cure Bay controls and the facility dehumidifiers.
- Perform visual inspection of the final liner application.
- Perform thermography inspections on chambers to validate cork to case bonding integrity.
- Tracks daily execution performance to budgets
- Maintain SPC data tracking during spraying operations and accurately calculate weights to determine correct material application inside cases.
- Accountability and control of explosive powder. Includes verifying delivery of powder, transferring into hopper and remote operations.
- Set up and robotic spraying of resin and explosive powder inside of chambers.
- Ownership of the powder embedment facility. This includes writing maintenance work orders and overseeing the maintenance work and following up on all open work requests.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- 2 year (A.S.) Technical degree.
- 4 years of experience operating a robot in a production environment.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience/ Working knowledge of instrumentation/testing work instructions, drawings, materials and equipment.
- Proficient with computer applications, such as Word, Access, Excel, etc.
- Ability to review and interpret work instructions, designs and drawings, with tooling and end item processes and products.
Competencies for Success:
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong problem solving ability
- Willingness to meet customer needs
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Must comply with company policies and procedures and be willing to work in a defined TEAM environment
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years