Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
CAD ADMINISTRATOR/SOFTWARE ENGINEER
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently recruiting for a CAD Administrator position at our Clearfield location. Some travel to Magna and other locations will be required. Under close direction, assist in the development, creation, and modification of engineering and design computer applications software. Analyze user needs and develop software solutions.
The successful candidate for this position will be involved in providing daily maintenance and automation solutions for CAD processes, management of in-CAD settings, administration of engineering and design software, Product Data Management (PDM) settings and processing standards in fast paced aerospace industry.
- Requires BS in Computer Science, Software, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering or Engineering Technology and 2 years of related experience
- Experience with Computer Aided Design (CAD) software. NX, CATIA preferred.
- Experience with Siemens TeamCenter Unified Architecture (TCUA) with 3D multi-CAD platforms
- Ability to create automated workflows via scripting/coding with Visual Basic, Visual C++, Python and/or other appropriate languages.
- Ability to participate in software change board and testing activities.
- Ability to work with DOS, UNIX and Windows operating systems
- Ability to create standards and manage settings for Dassault Q-Checker and NX Checkmate.
- Ability to be an interface between Engineering and Information Technology (IT) professionals to define requirements for CAD software and hardware optimization.
- Ability to work in a team environment, present proposed solutions to mid and upper management using common office software (MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Ability to support CAD users in data migration and other utility tasks in a timely and cost efficient manner.
- Ability to perform troubleshooting between multiple CAD and PDM systems, maintain production in 50+ user environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The ability to obtain a DOD Secret security clearance is required
- Knowledge and administration of Dassault Ennovia, SmarTeam and other Product Data Management (PDM) systems.
- Knowledge of administration of analytical tools (i.e. PATRAN, ABAQUS, NASTRAN, NX, etc.)
- Ability to manage subcontractors to perform outsourced CAD-related tasks
Competencies for Success
Ability to multitask and prioritize, strong attention to detail, excels in a team environment, initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year