Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
ATK is currently recruiting for a CAD Administrator position at our Clearfield location. Some travel to Magna and other locations will be required. Under close direction, assist in the development, creation, and modification of engineering and design computer applications software. Analyze user needs and develop software solutions.
The successful candidate for this position will be involved in providing daily maintenance and automation solutions for CAD processes, management of in-CAD settings, administration of engineering and design software, Product Data Management (PDM) settings and processing standards in fast paced aerospace industry.
- Requires BS in Computer Science, Software, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering or Engineering Technology and 2 years of related experience
- Experience with Computer Aided Design (CAD) software. NX, CATIA preferred.
- Experience with Siemens TeamCenter Unified Architecture (TCUA) with 3D multi-CAD platforms
- Ability to create automated workflows via scripting/coding with Visual Basic, Visual C++, Python and/or other appropriate languages.
- Ability to participate in software change board and testing activities.
- Ability to work with DOS, UNIX and Windows operating systems
- Ability to create standards and manage settings for Dassault Q-Checker and NX Checkmate.
- Ability to be an interface between Engineering and Information Technology (IT) professionals to define requirements for CAD software and hardware optimization.
- Ability to work in a team environment, present proposed solutions to mid and upper management using common office software (MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Ability to support CAD users in data migration and other utility tasks in a timely and cost efficient manner.
- Ability to perform troubleshooting between multiple CAD and PDM systems, maintain production in 50+ user environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The ability to obtain a DOD Secret security clearance is required
- Knowledge and administration of Dassault Ennovia, SmarTeam and other Product Data Management (PDM) systems.
- Knowledge of administration of analytical tools (i.e. PATRAN, ABAQUS, NASTRAN, NX, etc.)
- Ability to manage subcontractors to perform outsourced CAD-related tasks
Competencies for Success
Ability to multitask and prioritize, strong attention to detail, excels in a team environment, initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do! We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year