Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Tool & Gage Inspector
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
For more inforamtion about Northop Grumman Innovation Systems please visit,
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systemsis currently recruiting for a Sr. Tool & Gage Inspector to provide support to our Quality team in our Clearfield, UT location.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
As a Sr. Tool & Gauge Inspector, you will work on and inspect next generation composite structures and tooling.
- Performs dimensional inspections using Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems set-ups and hand-held instruments to measure parts, assemblies and tooling to drawing requirement per ANSI-Y14.5
- Performs in-process inspections of assembled hardware per drawing requirements
It requires a knowledge and experience of various inspections using laser tracker systems, coordinate measuring machines, standard measuring instruments, and a background in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Candidate must have 5 years of inspection experience in an aerospace or manufacturing environment including:
- Experience using laser tracker inspection systems
- CMM programing and inspection in Camio
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED required (education will be verified)
Skills & Qualifications:
- Proficiency with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing per ASME Y14.5
- Experience inspecting tight tolerance machined components with complex geometry
- Experience with dimensional inspection using precision hand tools and surface plate setup
- Strong coursework in Math (Geometry and Trigonometry)
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints, technical specification, and operating procedures
- Excellent computer skills required (Microsoft applications)
- Knowledge and experience with Camio and Verisurf Software
- Must be able to use laser tracker systems for detailed dimensional inspections of tooling and composite parts
- Experience using power and/or hand tools, cranes, forklifts, etc.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Availability for occasional weekend work
Competencies for Success:
- Positive individual who is willing to expand current skill set, through schooling and training
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to work with others at all levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to solve problems
- Willingness to meet customer needs
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, diverse environment
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Education: High School/GED