Orbital ATK Careers
Assoc Production Operator Trainee
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking several Associate Production Operators in our Clearfield, UT location.
Positions require 90 days of employment with Orbital ATK prior to start date.
As an Associate Production Operator Trainee you will work on the next generation composite structures in a high rate manufacturing setting (ACCE facility).
This job involves the fabrication of composite hardware using hand layup method. It will also require development of skills to follow that hardware through sanding and drilling operations and up to final finishing and sell to customer.
- Candidate must have 0-2 years of experience in a composite manufacturing, aerospace, or manufacturing environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED (education will be verified)
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to use standard measuring equipment
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints, technical specifications and operating procedures
- Must be able to work shift work
- Must be able to work flexible and changing shift schedules
- Must be able to work weekends
Preferred skills / education:
- Composite experience and/or certification
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel
Competencies for Success:
- Positive individual who is willing to expand current skill set, through schooling and training
- Safety minded
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to work with others at all levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, diverse environment
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year
Education: High School/GED