Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr Network Systems Admin
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
This position is based at our Plymouth, MN location and will perform the tasks of a Sr Network Systems Admin. The position will report directly to the Information Systems Manager but will work collaboratively with the Information System Security Manager (ISSM). Candidates must be knowledgeable of information Technology and Security principles. This is a multi-tasking environment that demands customer service, communication, and organizational skills.
Essential Functions & Work Requirements:
- System level configuration and auditing to ensure integrity of the security support structure of classified systems.
- Periodically review and update security policies, standards, and procedures.
- Coordinating requested system changes with the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
- Continuously reviewing systems for potential vulnerabilities and implementing appropriate risk mitigation efforts.
- Maintaining classified computer systems in inspection-ready state at all times.
- Investigating security incidents to include data spills, data integrity incidents, and malicious code incidents.
- Reporting of tasks, progress, plans and issues as directed by manager.
- Maintains effective on-going dialog with management to communicate issues and plans promptly.
- Complete and status service requests.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field. Additional experience and/or relevant industry certifications may serve in lieu of a degree.
- Five (5) years progressive work experience in information security and technical field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US Government secret level security clearance.
- Currently meets DoD 8140 Information Assurance Technician (IAT) level II requirements, or able to meet requirements within 6 months of hiring date. IAT level II includes both a baseline certification such as CompTIA Security+, and an accompanying Computer Environment (CE) certification.
- Experience with cluster computing environments.
- Ability to support various engineering class software such as MatLab, Ansys, Prodas, Creo/Pro and Siemens TeamCenter UA.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Linux (RHEL 6, 7 x64) and Windows (7, 10 x64) operating systems to execute patching, AV maintenance, user account management, data backups, and system policy enforcement.
- Experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF) and STIGs.
- Experience in analyzing audit records of various operating systems to include Windows, Linux, and UNIX.
- DOD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II certification.
- Current Microsoft certifications to include MCSA, MCITP, MCSE, MCAS.
- Red Hat Certified Professional (RHCP).
- Strong technical written and verbal communication skills essential.
- Ability to work independently, timely, and in a team setting.
- Mission driven, security focused.
- Ability to work outside of “regular” office hours (weekends and evenings) to meet established deadlines and support on-call coverage
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Expertise: Information Technology