Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr Network Systems Admin
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
This position is based in Plymouth MN and will perform the tasks of a Sr Network Systems Admin. The position will report directly to the Information Systems Manager but will work collaboratively with the Information System Security Manager (ISSM). Candidates must be knowledgeable of information Technology and Security principles. This is a multi-tasking environment that demands customer service, communication, and organizational skills.
Essential Functions & Work Requirements:
- System level configuration and auditing to ensure integrity of the security support structure of classified systems.
- Periodically review and update security policies, standards, and procedures.
- Coordinating requested system changes with the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
- Continuously reviewing systems for potential vulnerabilities and implementing appropriate risk mitigation efforts.
- Maintaining classified computer systems in inspection-ready state at all times.
- Investigating security incidents to include data spills, data integrity incidents, and malicious code incidents.
- Reporting of tasks, progress, plans and issues as directed by manager.
- Maintains effective on-going dialog with management to communicate issues and plans promptly.
- Complete and status service requests.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field. Additional experience and/or relevant industry certifications may serve in lieu of a degree.
- Five (5) years progressive work experience in information security and technical field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US Government secret level security clearance.
- Currently meets DoD 8140 Information Assurance Technician (IAT) level II requirements, or able to meet requirements within 6 months of hiring date. IAT level II includes both a baseline certification such as CompTIA Security+, and an accompanying Computer Environment (CE) certification.
- Experience with cluster computing environments.
- Ability to support various engineering class software such as MatLab, Ansys, Prodas, Creo/Pro and Siemens TeamCenter UA.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Linux (RHEL 6, 7 x64) and Windows (7, 10 x64) operating systems to execute patching, AV maintenance, user account management, data backups, and system policy enforcement.
- Experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF) and STIGs.
- Experience in analyzing audit records of various operating systems to include Windows, Linux, and UNIX.
- DOD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II certification.
- Current Microsoft certifications to include MCSA, MCITP, MCSE, MCAS.
- Red Hat Certified Professional (RHCP).
- Strong technical written and verbal communication skills essential.
- Ability to work independently, timely, and in a team setting.
- Mission driven, security focused.
- Ability to work outside of “regular” office hours (weekends and evenings) to meet established deadlines and support on-call coverage
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Expertise: Information Technology