Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Reliability Associate Systems Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
In the role of Reliability Associate Engineer, the employee will be carrying out reliability analyses to support the various program design reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR). The incumbent must be able to understand and learn to use Bill of Materials (BOM), Electrical schematics, and other analyses used to generate the Reliability Prediction for either satellite or subsystem where applicable. The engineer shall be familiar with reliability prediction software, ideally Windchill Quality Solution (WQS) Reliability Program which is based on MIL-HDBK217F Notice 2. Experience with trend and statistical analysis including Bayesian inference, Weibull, etc. is preferred. The incumbent will be tasked to review and approve vendor analysis in their area of expertise. The results of the Reliability Prediction shall be documented which requires skills and experience with Microsoft Office applications..
- Implements system requirement changes in the Requirements Management database, under direction of more experienced engineers.
- Revises specification/interface definition documents and expedites documents through signature approval process.
- Updates the requirements verification database to ensure, as the system design/build matures, that it satisfies each system requirement under direction of experienced engineers.
- Modifies management tracking reports for a variety of systems engineering performance parameters, resource metrics and design margins.
- Implements changes to Functional/Logical/Physical Model of System Architecture under direction and support of more experienced engineers.
- Implements System Representations under direction and support of more experienced engineers.
- Technical Resource Budgets and Configuration Control Board participation.
- Supports system design, analyses, interface verification, testing, or mission operations under direction of more experienced engineers.
- Implements changes to system or subsystem analytical models under direction and support of more experienced engineers.
- Supports the testing and/or evaluation/validation of one or more components of a system or subsystem analytical model or actual system implementation.
- Runs existing models and simulations to collect data while under direction and support of more experienced engineers.
- Attends and prepares materials to supports system engineers during System Requirement Review, System Functional Review, Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review and System Verification Review.
- Supports trade studies, system sensitivity studies, design optimization studies, system performance assessments, system design assessments, Operations Analysis work such as mission analysis and timelines and conops development.
Education and Experience
BS Electrical Engineering or Systems Engineering with strong statistical background
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year