Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Subcontracts Specialist
Northrup Grumman - Innovation Systems is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Subcontracts Specialist to our team in our Plymouth, MN offices.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
The Subcontracts Specialist establishes, maintains, and monitors agreements with subcontractors of significant program criticality.
Subcontract Structure & Business Terms
- Establishes, maintains, and monitors subcontractor agreements that support program technical, cost, and schedule requirements
- Recommend price (based on market, business strategy, program objectives, and cost)
- Manage subcontract source selection and negotiation
- Resolve subcontract execution issues
- Direct/request subcontractor proposal preparation via RFI/RFP's instruction
- Apply Import/Export regulations such as ITAR, EAR, DDTC registration etc.
- Apply security regulations concerning vendor visits or sharing information.
- Apply government contract requirements such as FAR, DFAR, ISO, NASA, CPSR, MMAS, DCAA, SOX, etc. to appropriate agreements
- Support auditing processes such as DCAA, CPSR, internal, etc
- Manage subcontractors and strategic teammates and manage internal company functions
- Identify and initiate teaming opportunities
- BA in Business, Finance, or SCM required
- Must be a US citizen
- Continuous improvement tools such as PES, Lean Six Sigma
- Cost/price and best value analysis
- Earned value management system (EVMS)
- Cost accounting standards (CAS)
- Data-based decision methods
- Evaluate and negotiate with subcontractors
- Establish, maintain, and monitor agreements with subcontractors
- Integrate subcontractors
- Resolve disputes with subcontractors
- Terminate subcontractors
- Serve on an approval board such as PPCB, MRB, CRB, etc
- Certified Professional in Supply Chain Management (CPSM)
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years