Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Subcontracts Specialist to our team in our Plymouth, MN offices.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
The Subcontracts Specialist establishes, maintains, and monitors agreements with subcontractors of significant program criticality.
Subcontract Structure & Business Terms
- Establishes, maintains, and monitors subcontractor agreements that support program technical, cost, and schedule requirements
- Recommend price (based on market, business strategy, program objectives, and cost)
- Manage subcontract source selection and negotiation
- Resolve subcontract execution issues
- Direct/request subcontractor proposal preparation via RFI/RFP's instruction
- Apply Import/Export regulations such as ITAR, EAR, DDTC registration etc.
- Apply security regulations concerning vendor visits or sharing information.
- Apply government contract requirements such as FAR, DFAR, ISO, NASA, CPSR, MMAS, DCAA, SOX, etc. to appropriate agreements
- Support auditing processes such as DCAA, CPSR, internal, etc
- Manage subcontractors and strategic teammates and manage internal company functions
- Identify and initiate teaming opportunities
- BA in Business, Finance, or SCM required
- Continuous improvement tools such as PES, Lean Six Sigma
- Cost/price and best value analysis
- Earned value management system (EVMS)
- Cost accounting standards (CAS)
- Data-based decision methods
- Evaluate and negotiate with subcontractors
- Establish, maintain, and monitor agreements with subcontractors
- Integrate subcontractors
- Resolve disputes with subcontractors
- Terminate subcontractors
- Serve on an approval board such as PPCB, MRB, CRB, etc
- Certified Professional in Supply Chain Management (CPSM)
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM)
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years