Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Analysis Engineer
Orbital ATK’s Missile Products Division, with offices located in Florida, New York, and Elkton, MD, is currently seeking an experienced Senior Analysis Engineer to support our Large-Scale Scramjet Development efforts within our Advanced Propulsion and Systems (AP&S) Market Segment. The position can be located in any one of the offices.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission - whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
The Orbital ATK Missile Defense and Controls (MD&C) facility in Elkton, Maryland began solid-propellant rocket operations in 1948. Today, the Elkton MD&C facility designs, develops, and produces solid-propellant propulsion and ordnance systems in programs professionally managed for a wide variety of Government and commercial customers. The facility also serves as the hub for offsite engineering and test facilities in Ronkonkoma, NY, Palm Beach Gardens, FL and San Jose, CA.
- Provide thermal and structural analysis simulation and modeling efforts to support design activities across all MD&C Operations product lines. These simulations include development of structural model, gridding, selection of boundary conditions and constraints, selection of applicable material properties, selection of proper simulation code and methodology. Key responsibilities for this position include developing methodologies, interpretation of analytical results, and recommendation for design improvement.
- Assist project team in design of experiments testing to provide necessary data to support detailed analyses.
- Support propulsion and subsystem IPT leads to ensure technical and cost execution of each system component.
- Form close working relationships with the customer technical community and specific customer technical points of contact.
- Preparation of technical reports and presentations of work product to both internal and external customers. Provide technical assessments of test hardware and test data.
- Provide material specialist services to design engineers and process engineers. Development of material test plans, selection of test methods, test data analysis to support material modeling efforts. Development of material models for structural analyses efforts.
- Develop analytical approaches to assist in the resolution of unique thermal and structural mechanics issues. Assist in design effort of test articles to provide necessary data for full scale applications. Provide structural mechanics, material specialist services to IPT working group.
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance which requires US Citizenship as a pre-requisite. Existing clearance preferred.
- 4 years of related experience, fewer with advanced degree.
- Prior experience in comparable positions scramjet engine development and solid rocket motor projects desirable.
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering/Aerospace Engineering; advanced degree highly desirable.
- Proficiency using FEA software (ABAQUS, ANSYS, NASTRAN, or equivalent).
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and present analytical results in both oral and written formats.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing, presentation and critical thinking skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, and Project).
- Position may require occasional travel to meet with various customers, in both government and industry, and to interface with suppliers.
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products, and your ideas, into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do! We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Expertise: Shell Scripting, Engineering, Problem Solving, Engineering