Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future.
Orbital ATK is seeking an Information Technology Intern for its location in Plymouth, MN
Headquartered in Plymouth, Minnesota, Orbital ATK Armament Systems is a leading innovator and producer of advanced weapons that provide the warfighter superior battlefield capabilities. The division specializes in creating low-cost, highly reliable and precise munitions for artillery and mortar systems and is a world leader in developing and producing tactical and training ammunition for medium and large caliber weapon platforms. Armament Systems also creates systems that protect soldiers on the battlefield and reduce collateral damage.
The division is a leading supplier of integrated medium-caliber weapon systems for land, air and sea platforms through its world renowned Bushmaster® line of automatic cannons produced at its Mesa, Arizona facility.
Through its management of America’s largest, privately owned proving grounds, Armament Systems allows Orbital ATK and its customers the ability to rapidly test weapons and demilitarize them when necessary.
Orbital ATK’s Armament Systems Division has an exciting position for an IT Intern located at its facility in Plymouth, MN. As an IT Intern, you will have the opportunity to get hands on exposure to all areas of IT Desktop Support. You will have the opportunity to work with various tools and systems. Additionally this internship gives you the opportunity to build your business acumen by networking with other Orbital ATK interns across the Twin Cities and interacting with various Orbital ATK leaders. The expected starting date for this position is 5/2018 and the position would be part time during the school semester and then full time during the summer months (June 2018 through August 2018).
- Troubleshoot of all desktop issues
- New computer setups
- Class room setups
- Install/test Microsoft updates
- Printer repair
- VTC setup and support
- Image of computer hard drives
- Data backup/archive
- Hard drive encrypting using McAfee Endpoint
- Application installs and uninstalls
- Hardware troubleshoot/repairs
- Troubleshoot of wireless, VPN connections
- Update SOP’s when needed
- Assist in disposition of old hardware.
Qualifications & Required Skills:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s program in IT or related field
- Minimum 2 years completed towards the degree
- Experience and/or knowledge or coursework in the IT field
- Knowledge of Windows XP, 7 and 10 (installation/troubleshooting) and other Microsoft applications
- Deploying PC's, diagnosing/resolving hardware/software issues over the phone and at user’s desk
- Log activity performed in call tracking
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point) and demonstrated ability to learn new applications
- Must be reliable, organized, self-motivated, and possess a high degree of integrity. Past work experience with maintaining confidential data is strongly preferred
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Must be comfortable working in a fast moving, dynamic, team environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to management and cross functional team members
- Strong problem solving skills
- U.S. Citizenship
- 3.0 GPA minimum preferred
When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Intern
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year
Education: High School/GED
Expertise: Information Technology