Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
IT Intern- Infrastructure
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, more than 12,000 employees, and operations in 17 states across the U.S. and in several international locations, Orbital ATK is a global leader in aerospace and defense technologies. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch or protecting our nation. Headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, we design, build and deliver space, defense and aviation systems for customers around the world, both as a prime contractor and merchant supplier. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an IT Intern- Infrastructure to join our Information Technology team to work at our Rocket Center, WV location this summer.
- Receive, inventory and configure new equipment
- Manage workstations and install equipment
- Identify, investigate and propose solutions to technical problems
- Upgrade hardware in existing computers and printers
- Troubleshoot, repair and install computer systems (PC) and mobile devices
- Configure and automate software installations
- Respond to daily user requests and resolve issues in a proactive manner
- Currently pursuing a degree in information sciences, information technology, computer engineering, MIS or a closely related discipline
- Experience with and interest in working with computers
- Basic networking skill and experience in scripting; knowledge of standard program language
- Junior class standing preferred
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Intern
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year
Education: High School/GED
Expertise: Information Technology