Orbital ATK Careers
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, more than 12,000 employees, and operations in 17 states across the U.S. and in several international locations, Orbital ATK is a global leader in aerospace and defense technologies. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch or protecting our nation. Headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, we design, build and deliver space, defense and aviation systems for customers around the world, both as a prime contractor and merchant supplier. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and much more.
We are currently seeking talented individuals for our Associate Engineer positions at various locations across the United States. Associate Engineers at Orbital ATK start their career in a fast-paced, hands-on, and cutting-edge engineering environment in one of our three Business Groups: Flight Systems, Space Systems, and Defense Systems.
- Work with a team to research, design, develop, integrate, test, maintain, and document aerospace, defense and/or flight components, structures, and systems.
- Research and analyze proposed design and process changes.
- Perform engineering analysis by applying engineering principles and techniques and publish results in technical reports.
- Troubleshoot and develop solutions to engineering-related problems.
- Regularly interact with customers, suppliers, and cross-functional teams.
- Currently pursuing or have completed a degree in aerospace, chemical, computer, electrical, industrial, materials, mechanical engineering, or a closely related discipline.
- Degree completed by Summer 2018.
- General understanding of fundamental engineering principles, practices, and theories.
- Interest in working in the space and/or defense industry.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Permanent and legal right to work in the U.S. without student visa or sponsorship.
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, strategic missile and missile defense and aerospace structures markets. We are a premier manufacturer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small- and medium class space launch vehicles for civil, defense and commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world-class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
- Orbital ATK Space Systems Group is one of the world’s preeminent satellite builders and advanced space systems providers. We design, manufacture and operate small- to medium-class satellites for communications, imaging, science and national security space applications. We are a market-leading supplier of space components that power and enable satellites of all classes and are pioneering innovative in-orbit satellite servicing technologies. We are also a premier provider of space-related engineering services to government agencies and laboratories.
- Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in precision weapons, tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems missile-warning products and ammunition and gun systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition gun systems. We also develop advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft and propulsion control systems.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year
Expertise: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Systems, Engineering, Manufacturing, System Controls, Engineering