Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Principal Project Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems (NGIS) - Space Systems Division seeks a Project Systems Engineer / Program Manager at our Dulles, VA campus to lead the technical integration of advanced program protection solutions and interface with project security operations for multiple spacecraft programs. NGIS is looking for a proactive engineer / manager to organize technical program protection efforts in conjunction with the efforts of the security infrastructure to address systems vulnerabilities and security considerations throughout lifecycle of the program development process. The successful candidate must have strong multitasking capability to handle disparate programs and payloads, the ability to work across functional and programmatic spans of control and be able to foster and lead an integrated multi-functional team. The successful candidate must have experience with program protection philosophy’s and National Security satellite and ground systems. Familiarity with systems engineering process a plus, but not a requirement.
Applicants must have experience with the following:
- Experience with Space and Ground Systems Engineering, Program Management, multi-level Program Protection scenarios, security operations and procedures for networks, ground systems, and physical security
- Experience and understanding of National Security technical requirements, protocols, policies, and standards for diverse national security customers – experience interfacing directly with a myriad of customer security offices a strong desirement
- Understanding of mission requirements and the effects of Security Compliance standards for accreditation and approval of classified working spaces, networks, and information assurance standards
- Experience in the evaluation, development and implementation of National Security Program Protection plans and the identification and protection of Critical Program Information (CPIs)
- Lead, in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, the development, implementation and execution, of various program protection (P2) plans
- Development of integration and test facility concepts of operation plans that are compliant with multiple stakeholder security requirements
- Develop the technical requirements that ensure program compliance with stakeholder security requirements
- Collaborate/Direct Information Assurance and Information Security Systems personnel in establishing DISA accredited, cross-domain networks supporting integration and test of assets at Northrop Grumman facilities as well as at external stakeholder sites field of study and 10 years of related experience. Position will require domestic travel anticipated to be up to 25% time.
Top Secret Clearance, with Sensitive Compartmented Information access required – SSBI preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years