Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Senior Systems Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Provide general support to the systems engineering team including maintaining and creation of system requirements, specifications and the requirements verification data base. Implement changes to system and subsystem architecture models and run existing models and simulations to assess system performance.
This position is to assist with the modeling, simulation, and mission analysis to support the ESPAStar line of products. Specific responsibilities will include interfacing with payload vendors to develop, incorporate, and integrate payload software models into Northrop Grumman simulation utilities. This will require the decomposition of payload performance and mission scenarios and constraints to evaluate mission and science performance of an integrated system. Understanding of orbital mechanics and spacecraft systems is a must. Enhanced experience with astrodynamics, and software development and integrate are significant advantages.
- Implements and manages system requirement changes in the Requirements Management databases under direction of more experienced engineers.
- Revises and manages both original and revised specification/interface definition document and expedites documents through signature approval process.
- Manages the requirements verification database provided to the customer, to ensure, as the system design/build matures, that it satisfies each system requirement.
- Modifies management tracking reports for a variety of systems engineering performance parameters, resource metrics and design margins.
- May also be required to support proposal-writing efforts for Systems Engineering.
- Provides data to risk management (identifies potential risks) and trade study processes.
- Implements changes to Functional/Logical/Physical Model of System Architecture under direction and support of more experienced engineers.
- Implements System Representations under direction and support of more experienced engineers.
Education and Experience
Requires BS in Engineering & 4 years or Masters in Engineering & 2 years.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years