Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Systems Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Provide general support to the systems engineering team including maintaining and creation of system requirements, specifications and the requirements verification data base. Implement changes to system and subsystem architecture models and run existing models and simulations to assess system performance.
This position is to assist with the modeling, simulation, and mission analysis to support the ESPAStar line of products. Specific responsibilities will include interfacing with payload vendors to develop, incorporate, and integrate payload software models into Orbital ATK simulation utilities. This will require the decomposition of payload performance and mission scenarios and constraints to evaluate mission and science performance of an integrated system. Understanding of orbital mechanics and spacecraft systems is a must. Enhanced experience with astrodynamics, and software development and integrate are significant advantages.
- Implements and manages system requirement changes in the Requirements Management databases under direction of more experienced engineers.
- Revises and manages both original and revised specification/interface definition document and expedites documents through signature approval process.
- Manages the requirements verification database provided to the customer, to ensure, as the system design/build matures, that it satisfies each system requirement.
- Modifies management tracking reports for a variety of systems engineering performance parameters, resource metrics and design margins.
- May also be required to support proposal-writing efforts for Systems Engineering.
- Provides data to risk management (identifies potential risks) and trade study processes.
- Implements changes to Functional/Logical/Physical Model of System Architecture under direction and support of more experienced engineers.
- Implements System Representations under direction and support of more experienced engineers.
Education and Experience
TOP SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED
Requires BS in Engineering & 4 years or Masters Degree and 2 years in Engineering.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years