Orbital ATK Careers
Principal Systems Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Position will support the ESPAStar line of spacecraft products as a payload systems engineer. The specific responsibilities of this position will be to manage the technical and functional interfaces of one or more hosted payload to the bus system. Work products include Development of port-specific ICD’s and managing giver-receiver materials, review and approval of bus accommodation documents, development of functional and performance test scripts with the payload vendor, identification and tailoring of mechanical and environmental constraints and requirements. Analysis roles include supporting the science, experiment, and mission planning for the payload. Position will evaluate mission performance and orbital operation of the payload(s).
- Creates system requirements and manages both requirement changes in the Requirements Management databases under self direction using established guidelines for a small project.
- Creates and manages both original and revised specification/interface definition documents for a project and expedites documents through signature approval process.
- Creates and manages the requirements verification methods and database provided to the customer, to ensure data products are current, as the system design/build matures, that it satisfies each system requirement.
- Creates and modifies project level management tracking reports.
- Participates and supports proposal-writing efforts for Systems Engineering for a portion of a project.
- Provides data to and manages risk management (identifies potential risks and develops mitigation strategies)and trade study processes for a portion of a project.
- Creates and manages changes to Functional/Logical/Physical Model of System Architecture descriptions under self direction using established guidelines.
- Creates and manages System Representations under self direction using established guidelines.
- Acts as CAM and performs EVMS tracking for a small portion of a large project.
Education and Experience
TOP SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED
Requires BS in Engineering & 7 years or Masters in Engineering & 5 years or PhD & 2 years.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years