Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, more than 12,000 employees, and operations in 17 states across the U.S. and in several international locations, Orbital ATK is a global leader in aerospace and defense technologies. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch or protecting our nation. Headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, we design, build and deliver space, defense and aviation systems for customers around the world, both as a prime contractor and merchant supplier. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and much more.
Orbital ATK, Defense Group, is seeking a Senior Government Compliance Analyst at our Small Caliber Systems Division (SCS) located in Lake City, MO.
Role Description and Responsibilities:
This individual must be able to interface consistently in a professional and organized manner with internal and external business partners while functioning in an environment characterized by frequently changing priorities. The candidate must be able to analyze and respond to complex requests and issues. The individual will work closely with Director of Finance, Program Management, Supply Chain, Contracts, Accounting and Finance Organizations to provide relevant, accurate and timely financial data. The individual must be able to function both as a leader, member of a team and as a well-organized self-starter.
Responsible for the following program-related activities:
- Day-to-day liaison/support for DCAA audit activities
- Provide guidance to employees regarding government compliance charging issues, allowability of costs, labor charging, etc.
- Monitor and maintain SCS Disclosure Statement and provide guidance on transactional situations
- Development and monitoring of the yearly overhead billing and forward pricing rates
- Preparation of the of annual Incurred Cost Submittal and the corresponding audits
- Interacting with government agencies in system audits (i.e. Accounting, Purchasing)
- Works to build and facilitate cross-functional relationships between Finance and other departments within the division and across the company
- Maintain effective internal controls and ensure regulatory compliance with SEC, DCMA and DCAA requirements
- Experience supporting SOX compliance, internal / external audit activities
- Experience with budgeting and Forward Pricing Rates
- Interpretation and application of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and other federal agency regulations
- Must be a self-starter and possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement with a focus on internal and external customer service excellence
- Excellent oral and written communication, computer, documentation, and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, manage time effectively, and make sound decisions in a deadline-driven detail-oriented environment
- Working knowledge of standard Microsoft Office tools required, including advanced Excel skills
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint and Cognos reporting software highly desired
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting
- Knowledge of government contracting, CAS and FAR
- 7+ years finance / accounting experience
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years