Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Supplier Quality Analyst
Northrop Grumman - Innovation Systems is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Supplier Quality Analyst to provide leadership to our Armament Systems Division team in our Mesa, AZ offices.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Role description & Responsibilities:
Supplier Quality Engineer responsible for assessing potential suppliers, addressing quality issues and interacting with applicable purchasing personnel.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years of experience in a quality position in a manufacturing environment which should include: Experience in one or more of the following methodologies- milling, drilling, turning, grinding and EDM operations
- In depth AS9100 experience
- Ability to assess potential suppliers for product capability and capacity
- Ability to perform manual layouts to ensure product acceptability, when required
- Experience in process evaluation for capability
- Experience in performing supplier/customer inspection correlations
- Ability to interpret and implement customer requirements at a supplier level
- Experience in NADCAP processing and requirements preferred (HT, NDT, NCM, SE, Weld, Bonding, etc)
- Print Reading
Implement mission/flight assurance plans for individual spacecraft flight hardware programs addressing design, manufacturing, integration, and test activities in accordance with company and contractual requirements. Works as a member of an integrated product team with Orbital ATK Safety & Mission Assurance staff in various groups to address technical issues, meet program requirements and ensure mission success. Interface with customers, vendors, and cross-funtional teams to identify and resolve mission/flight assurance issues. Provide support to program Flight Assurance Manager in review of various activities.
- Establishes and maintains Safety and Quality Assurance programs, procedures and controls ensuring that products and services conform to company standards of excellence.
- Supports the development, implementation and maintenance of quality policy and procedures. Interfaces with suppliers in the verification of product design and reliability.
- Review practices, procedures and processes seeking avenues to improve efficiency and effectiveness and reduce risk to product quality.
- Interprets customer technical and MA requirements, and ensuring these requirements are integrated into program plans, specifications and product drawings.
- Provide oversight in discrepancy review, failure investigations, as well as cause and corrective action determinations. Analyze and interpret trends and executes improvements on key metrics.
- Represents Mission Assurance at different program reviews and review boards including Configuration Control Board (CCB) and Corrective Action Board (CAB).
- Ensure Risk Management activities (dFMEA, pFMEA) are executed according to standards and procedures.
- Ensure program contract requirements are flowed down internally and to suppliers, ensures compliance with contract program, quality, organizational, and industry alert requirements.
Education and Experience
Requires BS & 7 years or Masters & 5 years or PhD & 2 years. 10 years experience in a relevant role in machining operations (i.e engineering, manufacturing, quality).
Able to read engineering documentation and inspect drawings and parts lists, inspection plans, and supplemental instructions..Extensive knowledge base in Cause Analysis tools, such as Ishikawa, FMEA, DOE, KTA (Kepner Tregoe Analysis) etc. Previous experience managing elements of AS/ISO/CMMI certified internal and external organization.
Must be a US citizen.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years