Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Our Missile Products Division in Plymouth, MN has an excellent opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer whose duties and required experience are described below.
As a Manufacturing Engineer in the Fuzing and Warheads Development Group, your responsibilities will be as a technical contributor / team member supporting various development programs with their transition into production programs. You will work with various disciplines including design, production, quality and safety engineers; functional managers; program managers, and external suppliers to accomplish these objectives. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with design engineers during the development phases of the munition design to become intimately familiar with the design, insuring optimal producibility and a smooth transition into production. This includes the following tasks:
- Participate in Design for Assembly / Design for Manufacturing (DFA/DFM) meetings and guide the implementation of the design recommendations from these meetings.
- Work with design engineers, production engineers and manufacturers (either external or internal) in the selection of materials and the development of production oriented processes and procedures for the loading and assembly of fuzes and warheads.
- Participate in meetings with the internal Production Process Control Board (PPCB) to obtain safety approval for new manufacturing processes.
- Work with design engineers for the creation of the engineering bill of material (EBOM) and the manufacturing bill of material (MBOM).
- Work with material program managers in procurement of hardware for development testing.
- Conduct build readiness reviews (BRRs), test readiness reviews (TRRs), and consent to ship meetings.
- Participate in production readiness reviews (PRRs) with program management, production engineers and the external customer.
- Act as the point of contact between production and design to coordinate, delegate and resolve design related issues that occur during production such as parts obsolescence and material review board (MRB) activities.
- Work with Production Engineering to establish requirements and specifications for manufacturing equipment and tooling, and inspection equipment to be used in production.
- Presentation of assigned work at program technical reviews.
- Provide support to our Fuzing and Warheads business lane pursuits, including the preparation of white papers and proposals.
• BS in Engineering is required, preferably Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering.
• 5 or more years of related manufacturing engineer experience.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Ability to multitask and organize/prioritize job assignments and direct reports in a rapidly changing, short turn-around environment.
• Working knowledge of manufacturing processes to include machining, EDM, 3D printing and injection molding.
• Strong communication skills, oral and written.
• Understanding of Six Sigma disciplines, design for assembly / design for manufacturing (DFA/DFM).
• Possess a working knowledge with computer aided design (CAD) software, preferably PTC CREO.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Project).
• Ability to travel, approximately 15 to 30 times per year to production facilities and vendors.
• Security regulations require that the individual must be a U.S. citizen and must have the ability to obtain a DoD security clearance to a level of SECRET.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years