Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking an Entry Level Mechanical Engineer to join our Electronic Packaging Engineering team in Chandler, AZ.
Design of avionics assemblies, design of test fixtures, writing and executing test procedures, dynamic testing, thermal testing, data review, writing test reports, tolerance analysis, vibration analyses, and verification of compliance of flight avionics hardware to vehicle requirements. Duties will also include troubleshooting failures under the direction of more senior engineers.
- BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering and a minimum of 2 years of related work experience or MS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with some experience preferred
- Ability to solve problems based on engineering principles and present results.
- Proficiency in random vibrations is a plus.
- Familiarity with shock, random vibration and thermal testing is a plus.
- Familiarity with radiation hardening is a plus.
- Exposure to the design of avionics assemblies (connectors, PWBs, PWAs, flex circuits, wire harnesses, machined aluminum housings) is desirable.
- A working knowledge of space launch vehicle construction and terminology is preferred.
- Familiarity with actuator systems and ordnance devices is a plus.
- Previous experience using NX CAD (or equivalent) is desirable.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance is required which generally requires US Citizenship as a prerequisite.
This position can be filled one level lower requiring a BS in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering with some experience preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years