Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to provide talent to our Defense Electronics Systems (DES) group in Northridge, CA.
Perform analysis, design, or test of moderately complex or portions of complex electrical circuit or hardware designs working with data developed by more senior engineers. Determine the technical principles involved, identify possible problems, and compute design characteristics. Evaluate completed design with more senior engineers and other technical groups and make modifications necessary to achieve a design that satisfies requirements. Develop, coordinate, and conduct the test programs required to evaluate the design. May also oversee, with senior engineer support, component supplier design, analysis, manufacture and test. Electrical Engineer developing into the technical lead for production Anti-Radiation Homing (ARH, passive radar) system. Help keep production troubleshooting tasks and diagnosing ARH issues on track
- Troubleshoot and diagnose ARH production issues at subsystem and RF processor levels
- Analyze ARH data and support ARH flight data analysis
- Improve production ARH subsystem tests and procedures
- Provide and implement technical solutions to ARH system problems
- Organize and contribute to completion of production and test and evaluation tasks
- Interact with senior engineering personnel on technical matter
- Coordinate issue resolution between various engineering disciplines
Education and Experience
- BS Engineering or Physics degree and at least 1 years’ experience in a radar or lidar related industry. M.S. degree and DoD contractor experience preferred.
- Require an understanding of radar or RF systems
- Knowledge of radar or RF systems, RF processor board evaluation, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, and oscilloscope
- Skills in programming: Matlab required
- Demonstrated experience in radar systems.
- In-depth understanding and application of radar technical expertise
- Can work with minimal direction
- Can independently determines and develops technical objectives of assignments
- Innovative problem solving
- Ability to obtain secret security clearance required. Active secret security clearance preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years