Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Principal Network Systems Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking a Principal Network Systems Engineer to join our team at our Promontory, UT location.
This position will perform the tasks of a Windows Network Systems Administrator. The position will report directly to the Information Systems Director but will work collaboratively with the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) and Information System Security Office (ISSO).
The Windows Network System Administrator will work as part of a small team to manage servers, workstations and laptops, network connectivity, and end user support. This position will be responsible for the planning and execution of upgrades, installations, monitoring and management tools, security practices and overall corporate support architecture. The Windows Network Systems Administrator is also responsible for daily monitoring and maintenance of servers, backups, managing an inventory database (hardware and software assets). Additional responsibilities include researching, developing and implementing solutions to maintain and enhance current systems, providing 3rd, 2nd and occasionally 1st tier support to user base and other I.S staff.
Note: Candidate ideally will currently hold a U.S. Government security clearance or have held one in the last two years. If candidate does not have a current security clearance, they must be willing and able to get one immediately upon start of employment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Daily administration and operation of servers, workstations, network and network storage environments (NAS/SAN)
- Manage several system security applications, antivirus installation and scanning, endpoint security, vulnerability scanning and remediation
- Support installation and upgrades of Engineering Applications and licenses
- Plan and coordinate upgrades, security patches and new technologies
- Conduct maintenance on the network, systems and hardware
- Perform software upgrades on the network, systems and hardware
- Experience in the use of Windows workstation and server operating systems, in the physical and virtual environments. (Windows 2008/2012 – Windows 7 / 10 )
- Oversee configuration management (hardware and software) of assigned information systems
- Monitor and manage system backups
- Ability to complete multiple simultaneous projects in a timely manner
- Self-starter/ Quick learner / self-directed
- Work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Tier I, Tier II and Tier III user support
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements and Experience
- This position requires U.S Citizenship
- Must possess excellent communication, organization and customer service skills
- At least 9 years’ experience as a windows and or network systems administrator
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT/IS related field
- Must be able to work individually as well as part of a team
- Must have the ability to effectively manage one’s time and be able to prioritize assigned tasks
- 9+ years’ experience of providing IT Support in classified computing environments
- CISSP equivalent certification
- Hold a current DoD Secret security clearance
- Have previous experience with DoD Security Regulations and policies
- Experience working with Cisco networking equipment
- Server and Network Attached Storage Management
- Experience with Linux Administration
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years
Expertise: Information Technology