Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Principle Network Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Principle Network Engineer to join our Corporate Enterprise Network Services team in our Dulles, VA offices. As a technology thought leader, this position will help to plan, design and build several key, enterprise network and communication infrastructure systems.
The Principle Network Engineer will be responsible for helping to ensure our key, enterprise network & communication infrastructure systems meet business requirements and are functioning at optimum levels while maximizing system availability. This position will be a key provider of input to discussions on the overall direction of the Network and communication infrastructure, services and maintenance of the repository of relevant documentation. This position will also be responsible for establishing strong working relationships with their peers, vendors, and Business Unit contacts.
- Presents technical direction, insights and advice to the enterprise network and communications infrastructure team.
- Architectural responsibilities for LAN/WAN, Wireless, Data Center, collaboration, and Monitoring systems as needed.
- Derive and implement best practice solution designs giving highest consideration for availability, security, performance, and scalability.
- Implementation and project leadership based on business needs, project requirements, or proactive improvement processes.
- Cross-functional IT technical thought leadership involving high collaboration that results in design considerations for the highest strategic priorities.
- Contributes to the development of new principles, architectures, standards and concepts related to Network and communication infrastructure and services.
- SME (Subject Matter Expert) support and management of F5 APM/LTM/GTM appliances
- Minimum 9+ years working in a team oriented IT environment designing and supporting enterprise networks, TCP/IP network design.
- Minimum 5 years Riverbed Steelhead operation support, design and deployment.
- Minimum 5 years F5 APM/GTM/LTM design, deployment and support.
- Working knowledge of InfoBlox appliances supporting DHCP/DNS and NTP.
- Strong troubleshooting/triage abilities utilizing common methodologies or tools such as packet capturing, network taps, and network analysis.
- Expert level understanding of routing protocols such as BGP, EIGRP, as well as route distribution and optimization.
- Expert level understanding of QoS concepts and implementation
- Understanding of Cisco best practice architectures and design principles.
- Demonstrated experience designing and operating highly available network architectures.
- Expert level understanding converged network designs that include multi-layer Quality of Service (QoS) and WAN optimization.
- Expert level understanding of WAN/LAN/MAN technologies
- Working knowledge of wireless technologies utilizing controller-based systems and authentication protocols.
- Expert level understanding of public and private IP addressing best practices designs and implications.
- Understanding of various network security best practices, protocols and implementations.
- Demonstrated exposure to operating an Internet-facing network environment and implications of various designs.
- Demonstrated skills in business case development for proposed technology changes
- Proven ability to work with both highly technical and business oriented resources and to work in a matrixed, team-based environment.
- Excellent customer service attitude and skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills with attention to deadlines and details
- Ability to self-manage and report on projects and initiatives
- Self-motivated and able to multitask under tight schedules.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong written, verbal and facilitation skills.
- Strong documentation skills, as well as version management.
- Ability to remain effective with limited direction.
Please note: Candidates must be a US Citizen and be eligible to obtain a government issued security clearance.
- IP Telephony/VoIP systems is highly desirable.
- Experience with common management and reporting tools such as NetMRI or Solarwinds a plus.
- Understanding of enterprise DNS and IPAM with Infoblox a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or combination of equivalent education and work experience.
- CCNP and/or CCDP Certification preferred, CCIE is desired.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ?and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years
Expertise: Information Technology