Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Principal Systems Administrator
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is seeking a Principal Systems Administrator in our Clearfield, UT location.
- Administration and management of Windows/Linux Server environment
- Administration and management of VMWare infrastructure including VSphere, ESXi, Virtual Machine deployment, upgrades, patching and maintenance
- Troubleshoot complex infrastructure issues related to performance and functionality
- Design, maintain and support a high availability server infrastructure supporting 24x7 operations
- Provide daily monitoring, maintenance and administration of IS systems, applications, servers, clients, and network devices
- Monitor and tune systems to achieve optimum performance and reliability
- Perform software installations and upgrades without outages (Windows Patching, VMware updates, etc.)
- Execute controlled changes in a mission critical data center
- User and folder rights management
- Capacity planning
- Maintain inventory of existing applications, servers, and network devices (Network Diagrams, Maps, etc.)
- Develop and document data center processes and procedures
- Establish and adhere to SLA’s to ensure service availability and user satisfaction
- Respond to and resolve service desk tickets submitted via Enterprise Service Desk
- Participate in after-hours on-call rotation
- Collaborate with Division, Group and Enterprise support teams
- Provide world-class customer service
- Communicate problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, end users, and business unit leaders
- Serve as a consultant to business leaders and other stakeholders regarding the use of technology to help achieve business goals
- Some travel as required
- Extensive experience troubleshooting and maintaining Windows Server OS
- Extensive VMware ESX and vSphere virtualization experience
- Extensive experience with data backup systems
- Designing and maintaining a high availability data center supporting 24x7 operations
- Networking experience including network and data center design and architecture
- SAN/NAS management
- Experience with Active Directory in an Enterprise environment
- Ability to research, evaluate, and recommend solutions and technologies based on customer needs
- Ability to communicate with a non-technical audience in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to manage and prioritize simultaneous tasks in high pressure situations
- Ability to provide remote and onsite support to different geographical locations
- Dedication to production support while managing projects and owning deliverables
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong project management and project implementation skills. Ability to gather requirements, design, plan, coordinate, prioritize, and implement complex technical projects
- Familiarity with ITIL framework
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
Education and Training:
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or other technology related field is required.
VMware, Microsoft and CISCO Certifications a plus
Security+ Certification a plus
Active Top Secret Clearance or ability to obtain a clearance
Minimum five years’ experience as a Systems Administrator in a large scale Enterprise environment (100+ servers) with a large user population (1000+)
Technical expertise in Microsoft Client/Server, VMware, Data Backup and Recovery, and Networking technologies
Ability to work in a fast paced, 24x7 production environment
World-class customer service skills
Self-starter with excellent time management and communication skills
Work is performed in a climate controlled, indoor, administrative office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, depending upon office or meeting loca
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ?and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Expertise: Information Technology